Loud buzzer will not go off

Please help. I have plans to take my son and his friends to the river for his b-day and don't have time to take it to the dealership. I have a 2007 Chaparral 190 ssi with 48 original hours on it. A 4.3 mercruiser engine with the Alpha 1 drive. I took it out today for a while. When you initially turn the key to the on position there is a loud buzzer. This buzzer typically goes off once the boat is crunk. After running the boat near WOT for a while the buzzer comes on. If I back out of the throttle it will go off briefly. Then it comes back on. If I play with the trim it will go off sometimes, but comes back on. It is loud and constant. I have searched and all I have found is that it means low oil somewhere. I have checked the motor and the drive oil. Both are full. It does not do it at idle and it takes longer before it will come on at lower speeds but it always comes on eventually and goes off. If I turn the boat off it will shut off and will not come back on until the boat has been ran close to WOT again or ran at lower speeds for a while. RPM'S that I have noticed when it comes on are 3,000-3,500 and speed is generally 30+ mph with 46mph top speed. Serviced at the end of season last year at the chaparral dealer. Thermostat changed and changed the prop as well as fixed the prop due to a stripped shaft when the boat was ran into unknown shallow water. Stored here in southern Mississippi inside my insulated shop over the winter. Always use Sta-bil and higher grade gas. Other than the buzzer the boat runs fine. Oil pressure and temp gauges reading normal. Could it be a sensor or what? I'm sure this has probably been discussed somewhere and I did look for it but I didn't find anything with a solid answer. Thanks in advance.

I assume the outdrive is the drive oil reservoir on the front of the engine. I did put a little to get it to the full line but it was over half way between the add and full. I added half a quart of engine oil to bring it to the full line and the power steering is full. I don't know where the trim oil reservoir is at. That could be the problem.

I have the same year / model...

The start up buzzer is normal and then ceases once the boat is running.

Were you getting the buzzer coming on prior to changing the thermostat? The issue sounds heat related, almost like you have the wrong thermostat installed which is causing her to run hot triggering an overheat alarm. I'm not sure there is an overheat alarm but it sounds coincidental. I guess check the wiring diagram.

I have the same year / model...

The start up buzzer is normal and then ceases once the boat is running.

Were you getting the buzzer coming on prior to changing the thermostat? The issue sounds heat related, almost like you have the wrong thermostat installed which is causing her to run hot triggering an overheat alarm. I'm not sure there is an overheat alarm but it sounds coincidental. I guess check the wiring diagram.

No. No issues before the change. Typical alarm when starting then smooth running.

If you have a MerCruiser 4.3L TKS (carbureted) than you'll get a solid alarm when the key is moved from the 'off' position to the 'run' position. Once the engine starts, and builds proper oil pressure, the alarm will then shut up. If you have a 4.3L MPI (fuel injected engine) the audio alarm will only beep at you once to notify the user the ECM has done a self check, and all is well.

I'm going to take a guess and say the engine/boat has seen, or runs in saltwater? Much also depends on which exact engine version you're running for possible sources of the problem.

You don't have to worry about the trim oil/pump, as the alarm has nothing to do with it. At this point, I'm going to assume the engine is carbureted. With this set up, the audio alarm will only come on to the following issues:

MerCruiser 4.3L carb'd models and TKS carb'd models - audio alarm

low engine oil pressure

engine overheat

low gear oil level (or problem with the sensor in the bottle)

What grade/weight of engine oil is the engine currently running?