Tekanewa

Battery Switch for Signature 25 (1995)

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

my brother in law and I recently purchased a used Signature 25 series boat, model year 1995. The manual that comes with it is somewhat unhelpful as it always talks about just one battery switch for the boat. Weirdly, our boat seems to have two (see attached picture) and we are havig difficulties figuring out the right combination of switch positions for starting the boat (single engine), charging the two batteries and providing boat power with the engine turned off.

I'm hoping that someone here could help us out!

Thank you!

post-42220-0-22453400-1406643185_thumb.j

Need more info.

The other switch could be for the house. How many batterys, how are they wired, what type of batteries (deep or starting).

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

The boat has two batteries, as it should have, according the the manual. I'm not sure what you mean with "how they are wired" and "type of batteries". We are really just newbies here. :)

Thank you!

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

The boat has two batteries, as it should have, according the the manual. I'm not sure what you mean with "how they are wired" and "type of batteries". We are really just newbies here. :)

Thank you!

By looking at your pic, I would think you have more than 2 batteries. There is nothing to say that you could have more. The upper switch looks stock and the lower switch looks like it was added later. Manuals are great, but almost anyone on this forum can tell you, we all add mods to your boats. Extra batteries, amps, speakers, LED lighing and a lot more..............

As to type, starting or deep cycle batteries. As to how it is wired, were do the wires go to and from the batteries and switches.

The boot doesn't seem to have anything extra and the seller didn't indicate any modifications either. We purchased the boat out of an inheritance, so the actual former owner is deceased and can't be consulted anymore. :(

We will have to trace some wires next time we're at the marina to see if there any additional batteries (so far, we only found the two that are supposed to be there, based on the manual).

Thank you!

Hi,

my brother in law and I recently purchased a used Signature 25 series boat, model year 1995. The manual that comes with it is somewhat unhelpful as it always talks about just one battery switch for the boat. Weirdly, our boat seems to have two (see attached picture) and we are havig difficulties figuring out the right combination of switch positions for starting the boat (single engine), charging the two batteries and providing boat power with the engine turned off.

I'm hoping that someone here could help us out!

Thank you!

From the pic, I would say the lower battery switch was added by a previous owner. Unfortunately that means you'll need to trace each wire and see what's connected to what. If you can describe that I'm sure we can compare the "actual" wiring to a factory dual switch configuration and help with proper settings.

Good luck!