Sign in to follow this  
brian_mcken

Good places in NJ to boat??

Lake Hopatcong is a small lake in Central NJ. The Delaware River from Trenton South is great. Lake Wallenpaupack in the PA Poconos

You could launch the boat in a number of towns and get onto the Shrewsbury and Navesink Rivers, as well as Sandy Hook Bay. That's where I primarily boat.

Maurice River from the public launch just south of Millville to the Delaware Bay, and one of my favorites the Mullica River from the Crowley Landing Launch to Brigantine Inlet near Atlantic City. The Mullica is a nice ride for that size boat.  Catch me at home and you can also launch at my community launch here on the Upper Chesapeake, but best done on a week day when boat traffic and their associated wakes as limited. Bigger water here too so winds need to be less than 10 in you wish to enjoy the ride.   W

I remember test driving my 256 and launching out of Mays Landing.  Went down the river for a few miles and it seemed like a cool area to boat on.  I don't know what river that would be but I believe it took you down to Somers Point and Ocean City.

4 hours ago, MonkeySeaII said:

I remember test driving my 256 and launching out of Mays Landing.  Went down the river for a few miles and it seemed like a cool area to boat on.  I don't know what river that would be but I believe it took you down to Somers Point and Ocean City.

Tom's River?

14 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Tom's River?

no, Tom's River is North.  This was down from Cecil Marine out of Mays Landing.  Great Egg Harbor River??