Sign in to follow this  
The H.I. Life

Water Heater Temperature Control on 2013 330 Signature?

Don't think you can. Just add a little cold water when using. Are you using it from the heating element or the heat from the motor

Is it propane heated or electric? In our RV water gets boiling hot so I simply heat up the tank when I know I will be needed heated water..otherwise I have it in the off position. After awhile you will know how long to have it fired up for your personal preference

Your boat has a Seaward F600 water heater. It holds 6 gallons. It heats the water two ways. First, it has a built in heat exchanger connected to an engine. When you run the engine it heats up the water inside. This is so you can have hot water virtually all the time.

Secondly, it heats up the water via 120v electric. This happens when you're on shore power or the generator is turned on. Reaches nowhere near the temps of what the engine can produce so it takes longer to heat.

There is no thermostat control. But according to generic thermal expansions..their relieve valve setting the water temp in the unit should be limit it to around 140 degrees. Considering the average shower is no hotter than 105 degrees, yes it gets hot. That 6 gallons should last you quite a long time at that temp. More then enough for two people to shower.

http://www.defender.com/pdf/Seaward_WaterHeaters_Install2.pdf

Yep, no adjustment. I think they do it on purpose since its only 6 gallons, you'll use less hot water for showering etc so you're not as likely to run out of hot water (still need to be prudent!).