Sign in to follow this  
Knot Today

Help on a Boat

Found a 2012 264 with 49 hours on a 350 merc BIII. Like to know how you think that engine will perform on that size boat. It has tower and all other amenities. Without giving you the asking price. What is a fair asking price. Thanks again

The 350 Merc is 300 HP, and that's the base power on that model. I definitely recommend a test drive so you can see if it planes fast enough and has the speed you desire.

As for guessing on the price, I donno if that's within the rules. However, in 2 seconds you can google up boattrader and see several 2012 264's and get a ballpark on what folks are asking. I hope this helps.

When you test the boat, load it as you will use it. A full tank of gas and a few extra friends along makes a big difference.

brick

Honestly it would be too little engine for that much boat for my taste. And if you end up feeling it's too little power, you will be reminded of that over and over and over ...

So, 5 hours or not...

Besides, it's probably been a while since you had a good road trip (work trips don't count). Grab some tunes, a few friends, and enjoy it.

What's the mission for the boat...I have 270hp in mine, and I wish I had 350hp!

Boat full of friends & high winds picks up. Who needs reserve power ??

All engines come with a throttle lever. THAT part determines fuel mileage.

What's the mission for the boat...I have 270hp in mine, and I wish I had 350hp!

He's looking at going up two sizes (224 -> 244 -> 264), so what the Merc 350 (300 HP) would do for you, he would need the Merc big block 8.2 or Volvo VVT 6.0 (both 380 or 430 HP).