Hatem

When does a "Newbie" become an "Experienced Boater"?

Some people just never cease to amaze me. Down in these parts, unless a boat is seriously tied up in a wrong spot or is obviously taking up space that others need to use, you're putting your well being at risk by untying somebody's boat and moving it that way.

Right? I'm still learning these little bits of 'unwritten rules' of boating but it doesn't take a genius to understand you never touch anyone else's property no matter what kind it is. But as bad as that was, Keith, it wasn't nearly as frustrating as what he did when he left the helm and nearly backed into our boat, never apologizing for being a complete bonehead and almost causing an accident. Thank God Justin was there or I'd be filing a claim as we speak and dealing with that hassle. Who needs that kind of aggravation and especially from some dimwitted, and completely careless individual like that. UGH! :)

After reading many of the comments regarding open bows and dangers of waves over the gunnels, I have changed my SOP to keep the bow cover on the boat while out. My prior practice was to put bow and cockpit covers in the back of the truck while out. While I'm not anticipating any waves on the river big enough to swamp me, I have has a couple of cloudbursts that just make the cockpit miserable even though I have the bimini and isinglass up. You open water fellas probably do that already. I also have my waterproof floating iCOM marine radio right at the helm for anything I might encounter.

Thank goodness I don't have freighters to deal with. Barges are enough fun for me....

Since Iggy warned me about being in the ocean with a bowrider, I've done the same thing also and I've been much more diligent about the weather forecast. The thought is enough to scare you so that at least you are weary of it every time you go out.

BTW, any chance of seeing some more pics of this absolutely gorgeous Sunesta? :)

imagejpg1_zpsd55fdf1a.jpg

I certainly don't mind if you post as many as you can right here in this thread but if you wish to direct me somewhere else, that's perfectly fine as well. She's a beauty and that color is one of the rarer & nicer ones. I'd like to get a look at that stock, darker bottom of the hull too.

At least the bonehead didn't hit you with his car.

imagejpg1_zps2b72daad.jpg

^^^^ Wow! Any info to the story behind that?

That boat must be jammed up against another one to its portside otherwise that car is headed into the drink. That actually looks like a very lucky situation.

Hatem, looking back, maybe it was a good thing he moved your boat back. I've seen similar posts on here and my jaw drops. I don't know what people are thinking. I have to commend you on your restraint. You should have thrown one of your fish in his boat so it would rot away like in Grumpy Old Men.

Hatem, looking back, maybe it was a good thing he moved your boat back.

Because that might've made the difference for when he backed up and left the helm like a complete numbnuts and it came that close to bumping into ours? Yeah, you might be right, Tom. :) Honestly, I thought of that and even told Justin that might've helped while trying to cool him down, lol. Something tells me that the guy was thinking of his exit strategy and knew he had to back up to get away from the dock and didn't want to chance bumping into our boat which is perfectly understandable, even though there was about 1-2ft clearance. But I think we all agree he should've made a better attempt to search us out and ask us (we were only 50ft +/- down the other end of the dock lol.) Plus his whole demeanor and attitude was lousy and arrogant. Luckily this didn't happen with Justin and his buddies out there on their own! :thmadslap-1:

I've seen similar posts on here and my jaw drops. I don't know what people are thinking. I have to commend you on your restraint. You should have thrown one of your fish in his boat so it would rot away like in Grumpy Old Men.

Hahaaa, love grumpy old men. I know a good, few, curmudgeonous old bastards just like these guys lol. :D

BTW, any chance of seeing some more pics of this absolutely gorgeous Sunesta? :)

She's REALLY dirty right now but I'll put up a few pics soon. Not much to work with at the moment, but just bought an orbital buffer and a waxing kit from Marine 31 so I'll also do some warehouse shots eventually as well.

She's REALLY dirty right now but I'll put up a few pics soon. Not much to work with at the moment, but just bought an orbital buffer and a waxing kit from Marine 31 so I'll also do some warehouse shots eventually as well.