Sign in to follow this  
Doug_Greenwood

2001 265 SSI A/C Leak

I have a 2001 265 ssi with the factory A/C option. Last weekend when I turned on the A/C, the raw water pump turned on and the rear bilge started filling up with water. I promptly turned it off as I obvisouly have a leak somewhere in the system. Before I start removing panels to figure out the source, does anyone have suggestions as to where I should start? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As it only leaks with the condenser raw water pump running you can rule out the suction side piping to the pump. The path is short and simple. From the pump the sea water flows directly to the condenser coil at the compressor pad, then directly overboard. On a 2001, you may have a rotted out coil, but I'm guessing your pump has failed. If so, be sure to replace the old pump with a magnetic coupled seal-less design pump which has no pump shaft seal and remains leak free unless you allow them to freeze. W

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm headed down to the lake this weekend and will see what I find. Do you have any tips for accessing the pump and coil? Thanks in advance.

It's a bear to get to the system in that boat. I know it's under the step when you enter your cabin. I think that's only access to the pump. The unit I think you have to get to from the other side of your sliding door