Hatem

What are some cool modifications you've done to your boat?

Not really a "mod" .... but how'bout say weather on the left...chart in the middle... and a chat session on the right!! ;-)

Unlimited uses...with GPS puck (Bad Elf) I display multiple map views so at a glance you can get a wealth of info... pretty handy!

post-41368-0-19103000-1414273778_thumb.j

Not really a "mod" .... but how'bout say weather on the left...chart in the middle... and a chat session on the right!! ;-)

Unlimited uses...with GPS puck (Bad Elf) I display multiple map views so at a glance you can get a wealth of info... pretty handy!

attachicon.gif1-IMG_0971.JPG

and why does this forum only allow 56KB uploads....? jeeezzz small pics!

Best mod I made is a cheap improved tv system for college game day. Look up tv's on Amazon.

imagejpg1_zpsf446112b.jpg

imagejpg2_zps6f99aaa4.jpg

For less than 120 you can watch digital tv and mount the antenna on the arch, you must be within 50 miles of a station.

Sweet mods. If I had a boat with a cabin like you boys, I'd be all over the TV.

I wonder if there is a way to get EVC data on an iPad? That would be sweet!

attachicon.gif1-IMG_0971.JPG

That's great, Wil! You can use Navionics on one of those pads to supplement your 7212 once you have it on radar mode (after you get the helicopter blade :D) and you'll be rockin' & rollin' anywhere and everywhere.

Sweet mods. If I had a boat with a cabin like you boys, I'd be all over the TV.

I wonder if there is a way to get EVC data on an iPad? That would be sweet!

If you had a boat with a cabin, chances are great that there's already a tv in the cabin. In my case the point is to set it up in the cockpit kinda like TP did for those certain Sunday games.

If there isn't a way to get EVC on an ipad or tablet, it's not too far away from coming to fruition I can tell you that! :)

Although, I would think you need a central control module on the boat first that gathers all the data/conditions before sending it off to whatever receiver at the helm?

That's great, Wil! You can use Navionics on one of those pads to supplement your 7212 once you have it on radar mode (after you get the helicopter blade :D) and you'll be rockin' & rollin' anywhere and everywhere.

Ha! yeah... with the blade turning.... I'll get better gas mileage...very low keel drag! LOL

Dinghy with a radar arch. I thought that was pretty cool but I think this type comes with it.

IMG_2250_zps6d4be8a3.jpg

You know, a number of years ago we took a trip to Yellow Stone National Park. We stayed at the lodge, and the first thing my wife said when we walked in the room was, ( where is the TV? ), give me a break, we are at Yellow Stone National Park, and all it's beauty and what it has to offer.

This is the same thing I am thinking while I am reading all these posts about having a TV on board. The idea of getting a boat and getting on the water, is to enjoy what it has to offer, from tubing to cruising to just being out there enjoying Mother Nature at her finest. If at the end of the day and you are not tired and you still feel that you need that TV, well then you should have stayed home, because you did not enjoy your day to the fullest. When I get near or on the water, the outside world ceases to exist, and I loose all track of time. If you need to watch that sporting event, ( tape it ) and watch it when you get home. My :Twocents: Denny

IMGP4794_zps08e8cd3a.jpg

DSC03745_zps3c835b28.jpg

0525141240a_zpsd76fc18d.jpg

P7300182_zpsa0dd0c57.jpg

Hey, to each their own. If someone wants to get on THEIR boat and do whatever THEY want on THEIR dime and THEIR time.......then who the @#$^#^ am I to tell them otherwise?

My escape boat is the 16' cheap Aluminum Lowe fish boat with the utterly reliable Evinrude 9.9 hp with manual & electric start. 1 chair in the boat. It is a fully adjustable Captains chair with fully padded arm rests. Bimini top with full height head clearance. Goes the length of the boat . Bow & stern anchors. VHF & CELL phones

I have reached the age of. I fish & sleep in the chair about 50..50. Makes getting to be a old fisherman a real joy. I only wish more people could be as fortunate

Life is being very good to me & my wife. Wish all of us the same retirements. Especially Shepherd & Wingnut.

Rich

+1 @ Denny's post. The water is my escape from home.

+1 @ Hatem. Correct. To each his own.

+1 @ Cyclops. Sometimes it's nice just to enjoy the simple things.

(Maybe I should run for office.) :scratchchin:

If I had some sort of cabin that I would potentially overnight in, cuddy or cruiser, I would have the biggest flatscreen I could fit in the available space. :clapsmiley:

I'm sorry, Tom, but there's a huge difference between stating an opinion and making that opinion something that others should or shouldn't do.

As far as I'm concerned, the false notion that's being portrayed that this is such a "MUST HAVE" item is not even close to the reality of it. It's nothing but a fancy, luxury mod on a boat that MANY people actually have and the thread topic is exactly related to that, including the specific, technical aspects of these mods.

You have an opinion as to what you would or wouldn't do with someone else's mod, that's perfectly fine. Many others have expressed that in the previous pages of this thread and God Bless America - that's what it's all about. But the lack of consideration for other's preferences and what they want to do with their own, personal boating time is frankly way overboard and completely unnecessary.

Well congress has not done a thing wrong since shutting down our country.

Hard to do anything wrong. If you do not pass anything. Except wind.

I noticed some of the fellows have these bulbous, fender-looking like things mounted on the inside of their radar arch like Better When Wet's boat and Texas P has them also, a few others, too. What are those, speakers? Or something else?

Yep, speakers. I have no idea if they're really all that expensive (boat was already equipped with them), but they are very directional and you see them on a lot of wake towers. My understanding is that they became popular when wakeboarding became popular and the boarder wanted a way to hear the music too. Most times you will see two speakers each side of the tower (and sometimes more). Mine have volume knobs at the helm so that you can turn them down if you simply want cockpit music, and vice versa if the folks in the cockpit don't want to indulge in the boarder's selection. Of course, I think mine were added so the previous owners had a clear sound (they sound incredible) while swimming or relaxing at their dock.

Oh, and for the television thread, there are several valid reasons for having a TV aboard a cruiser.

1) Give the kids (age ~10 or less) something to do so that the adults can relax and enjoy being out on the water.

2) Overnighting and watching a movie before turning in.

3) The big game is on but you want to be out on the water...boom two birds, one stone! Go back to swimming and other boating activities before and after the game.

4) Morning weather/news updates while cooking breakfast

Again, this is really about a cruiser where you're on the water for an entire day (or several) and may or may not apply to a bowrider or smaller ski boat where you probably have a hotel/RV/condo/house to retire to.

I'm not knocking the electronics thing and TV's, I too carry a laptop and will watch some movies at the end of the night, just before I fall asleep. And I believe, to each his or her own. I was just sharing an experience and a view point. Denny.

P7310254_zps23ed21cd.jpg

Most people are really jealous of boats that have TV.

imagejpg1_zps8a7622f6.jpg

Yep, speakers. I have no idea if they're really all that expensive (boat was already equipped with them), but they are very directional and you see them on a lot of wake towers. My understanding is that they became popular when wakeboarding became popular and the boarder wanted a way to hear the music too. Most times you will see two speakers each side of the tower (and sometimes more). Mine have volume knobs at the helm so that you can turn them down if you simply want cockpit music, and vice versa if the folks in the cockpit don't want to indulge in the boarder's selection. Of course, I think mine were added so the previous owners had a clear sound (they sound incredible) while swimming or relaxing at their dock.

That's great. Thanks for all that info, TP.

Here is one of my most recent mod's just added last month. I do a lot of boating at night and was tired of using the hand held spot light.

CellPhoneDownload7-24-2014130_zps5ebb99d

Is that a fixed beam or can you aim it in different directions as you are moving and looking for things? Denny.