Hatem

What are some cool modifications you've done to your boat?

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, Dennis A said:

At least it wasn't the props and the bumper...that would be expensive.  ^_^  Are you going to replace or re-use the anodes?  

You're 100% right, that was the first thing I panicked about was whether it was the drive and props that made contact and not the SP.  BTW, speaking of props, notice anything wrong with them?  @Curt, we were having this discussion about a month ago.  :D 

Would you reuse that anode?  I bought new ones but just curious how long one can go with those?

just curious how long one can go with those?

168.324 hours remaining......;)

1 hour ago, Rip5 said:

168.324 hours remaining......;)

Wise guy. :)  I was just wondering if people actually reuse those if they haven't been eaten up much.  Get more use out of a $40 item.  Unless it's pretty much cooked. 

Can’t see anything on the pic. Rule of thumb is replace when about 50% remaining.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Curt said:

Can’t see anything on the pic.

Check out my perfect timing of the props LOL! :D  I was very disappointed at myself when I noticed that as soon as we came up the ramp.  I couldn't have lined the two props and their blades under the cavitating plate any better than that.   :haha-7383:

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Curt said:

Rule of thumb is replace when about 50% remaining.

Good to know, thanks.  I already bought new ones but I might reuse these since they're way less that 50%.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:28 AM, Hatem said:

Check out my perfect timing of the props LOL! :D  I was very disappointed at myself when I noticed that as soon as we came up the ramp.  I couldn't have lined the two props and their blades under the cavitating plate any better than that.   

Oh,  I was looking for damage.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, Dennis A said:

Fortunately I was to the right of the truck a little bit.  But I'm a little perplexed as to the timing since I was almost positive I lined them up correctly prior to splashing her.  I went back and looked to be sure and found proof positive here.  This was the day we launched after 6 or 7 coats of sprayed Trilux .  Wonder if the outer prop shaft is spinning at a different RPM than the inner one?  That's almost impossible, though, with the way the propshaft gears are designed.   Mmmm….:scratchchin:

tPBYJsq.jpg  

@Roady68, did you find the remote for the Pronautic 2130 charger yet?

6 hours ago, Hatem said:

Fortunately I was to the right of the truck a little bit.  But I'm a little perplexed as to the timing since I was almost positive I lined them up correctly prior to splashing her.  I went back and looked to be sure and found proof positive here.  This was the day we launched after 6 or 7 coats of sprayed Trilux .  Wonder if the outer prop shaft is spinning at a different RPM than the inner one?  That's almost impossible, though, with the way the propshaft gears are designed.   Mmmm….

The props are contra-rotating.  It's just a matter of chance they lined up when you took it out of gear.

13 hours ago, Dennis A said:

The props are contra-rotating.  It's just a matter of chance they lined up when you took it out of gear.

True, but if I lined the forward prop with one blade in the 12 o'clock position and the outer prop in the 6 o'clock position like in that pic above, they should never line up under the cavitating/exhaust plate no matter when it's taken out of gear.  I'm starting to think that maybe that isn't the pic from the beginning of this season. 

On 11/3/2018 at 3:23 PM, Hatem said:

Fortunately I was to the right of the truck a little bit.  But I'm a little perplexed as to the timing since I was almost positive I lined them up correctly prior to splashing her.  I went back and looked to be sure and found proof positive here.  This was the day we launched after 6 or 7 coats of sprayed Trilux .  Wonder if the outer prop shaft is spinning at a different RPM than the inner one?  That's almost impossible, though, with the way the propshaft gears are designed.   Mmmm….:scratchchin:

tPBYJsq.jpg  

@Roady68, did you find the remote for the Pronautic 2130 charger yet?

I haven't ordered it yet.  I found the jack on the charger and I have a spot picked out where I want to mount it.  Boat is in storage so I don't have access until spring.

56 minutes ago, Roady68 said:

I haven't ordered it yet.  I found the jack on the charger and I have a spot picked out where I want to mount it.  Boat is in storage so I don't have access until spring.

Cool.  Thanks for replying.  Keep me posted if you don't mind.  I'm getting ready to pull out the old charger and throw this one in, probably this weekend when I winterize and pull out the batteries.  I'll test it in the springtime when I reconnect them.  I need to find a better way to install this new charger because the current one is facing sideways inside the wetbar storage locker.  It's a great location since it's very close to the battery switches and by facing it that way, it gives me more room in the storage compartment.  But I need it facing outwards to see its indicating lights etc. a bit better.  Not sure if that's possible but will certainly try.  That locker area (which is basically trash bin and paper towels and some oils/cleaners etc. is very valuable space.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, Dennis A said:

Would you fix this, or just leave it alone?  Haven't had any issues so far in 5 years and I'm usually a firm believer in "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" and never noticed this at all until winterizing yesterday and when I took the boat to the gas station to fill her up, I'm watching the gas fill up in the tank and looking around at everything including the gas fill hose and vent line and I noticed this dip in it.  It goes down and back up to get past the cockpit drain hose.  I'm sure there's a bit of gas that gets trapped in that dip once I stop filling up, but not sure it's a big issue.  I guess when the boat is rocking in the water I'm sure whatever bit of gas sitting in that dip ends up being pushed into the tank...but it did bug me a little.  Funny how I never noticed it before with all the hours I've spent in that bilge.  I think running it above that drain hose would be better.

TtxnK4E.jpg 

4 hours ago, Hatem said:

Would you fix this, or just leave it alone?  Haven't had any issues so far in 5 years and I'm usually a firm believer in "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" and never noticed this at all until winterizing yesterday and when I took the boat to the gas station to fill her up, I'm watching the gas fill up in the tank and looking around at everything including the gas fill hose and vent line and I noticed this dip in it.  It goes down and back up to get past the cockpit drain hose.  I'm sure there's a bit of gas that gets trapped in that dip once I stop filling up, but not sure it's a big issue.  I guess when the boat is rocking in the water I'm sure whatever bit of gas sitting in that dip ends up being pushed into the tank...but it did bug me a little.  Funny how I never noticed it before with all the hours I've spent in that bilge.  I think running it above that drain hose would be better.

TtxnK4E.jpg

It shouldn't be a problem for you. I'd leave it

5 hours ago, Hatem said:

TtxnK4E.jpg 

5 hours ago, Hatem said:

TtxnK4E.jpg 

Going on my own past experience do not let any gas settle in the fill hose and the vent hose, eventually it will deteriorate them. They both should be above the top of the tank. It looks like all you have to do is move them above the other hose, or move the other hose under them. 5 minutes of your time now, may save you future headaches. Denny.

35 minutes ago, Denny said:

Going on my own past experience do not let any gas settle in the fill hose and the vent hose, eventually it will deteriorate them. They both should be above the top of the tank. It looks like all you have to do is move them above the other hose, or move the other hose under them. 5 minutes of your time now, may save you future headaches. Denny.

+1.  At least you don't have tear up the floor to get at it like Denny did.  The bend radius on the 1" line tee'd into the drain line looks a little tight too.

11 hours ago, Auggie said:

It shouldn't be a problem for you. I'd leave it

I was thinking the same thing as you, ma man.  But it sounds like you and I might be in the minority on this.  Man, I'll tell you what; it's one thing to drill a wrong hole or mess up a little fiberglass in the bilge, but this here sucks royally.  Next time I'm in there I'll take a better look at the condition of that hose on the bottom of that dip.  Last thing we want is gas leaking out of that all over the place.  Hopefully others reading this triggers them to take a look at theirs and see if they have anything similar to this disaster so they can fix it before anything happens.

New product by Pettit antifouling paint.  Supposedly environmentally safe and COPPER FREE and you can actually apply it over any existing bottom paint you might already have.  Just out and being tested by boating industry critics.

Dqs_ENIUwAE8uJU.jpg

Raymarine has come out with a new GPS, RealVision 3D sonar.  You can see the shaping of the bottom in 3D and also helps you judge what direction you're looking at it in relation to the boat.  Something I certainly struggle with my Garmin and conventional sonar/fish-finder.  

DjCXm0yXgAAJ3hT.jpghttps://www.boatingmag.com/raymarine-realvision-3d-sonar?src=soc&dom=tw

This thing is pretty cool if you're adding a bunch of mods to your boat and you want to control them from a single, main panel but I think it's only up to 6 items.  That's still good, 6 less switches you have to install or look for and reach.  

Power-Poile Vision. https://www.boatingmag.com/power-pole-vision?src=SOC&dom=tw

DbfhNZtV0AATyKL.jpg