Hatem

What are some cool modifications you've done to your boat?

Is that a fixed beam or can you aim it in different directions as you are moving and looking for things? Denny.

I obviously can't answer that question, but I would bet it is articulating. I believe they even make a "wireless" spotlight now. I don't really understand that, though. You'd have to run power down the arch (or up from the bow) through a circuit breaker anyway. Why not also run the control line at the same time and avoid wireless issues? That's a mod I want to do some day as well. Can't believe our boat didn't have a spotlight.

I would think that is too high up and back. You can't aim it at anything that is close to the boat. On the bow is the best.

I would think that is too high up and back. You can't aim it at anything that is close to the boat. On the bow is the best.

Its a marinco wireless spotlight. The light is hardwired, but the control is wireless. Here is the link for anyone wishing to look it up. http://www.marinco.com/en/news/precision-spotlight

I have to say, it does what its supposed to do and I'm glad I bought it. There is plenty of clearance with it mounted in the position its in unless I want to shine the light straight down on the front cushions. I can shine the light pointed at tip of the bow, to about 1000ft at peak beam light. It rotates 360 and tilts at 120 degrees. So unless you want to shine the spotlight on your dashboard, its a perfect location. I though about mounting on the bow, but I wanted to be able to spot behind me or to my rear port or starboard side.

CellPhoneDownload7-24-2014130_zpsf82c940

[ TexasPilot71

Can't believe our boat didn't have a spotlight.]

Even if I wanted to add something to the top of my arch, I can't.

When I run at night I raise my masthead light, and when we are done I lower it. It is mounted on a pivot pin. If you look close, you will see that my masthead light is horizontal, the reason for that is when we added the arch, we allotted 1 & 1/2 inches to clear the top of the door way. And I have photos of when I didn't check to see if the door was all the way up. Not only have I knocked off the light,

one time the arch was knocked off, lessons learned. So now I do look up every, and I do mean every time.

Actually I too do my fair share of night boating. I prefer the hand held, I can point it at exactly what I want to see, with a bullet like beam.The bad thing about the high intensity beams, is after you turn them off you have night blindness, and the longer you have it on, the longer your night vision takes to come back. In the early years I made one by using a car sealed beam, it looked funny with the home made handle on it, but it worked, and was plenty bright enough. Denny.

IMG_2162_zpsaa1bd773.jpg

That's awesome, Pete. I like the fact that it's wireless, too. My arch might end up being too cluttered (so to speak) for that. I think the radar dome takes center spot precedence which already conflicts with the nav light because that's nice to have centered as well. Everything wants to be in the middle! :)

That's awesome, Pete. I like the fact that it's wireless, too. My arch might end up being too cluttered (so to speak) for that. I think the radar dome takes center spot precedence which already conflicts with the nav light because that's nice to have centered as well. Everything wants to be in the middle! :)

Sounds like you need a double arch :)

Sounds like you need a double arch :)

Two arches? McHatem? :haha-7383:

That hard top on the 327 and the new SIG's is dynamite. That would take care of all needed stuff.

Someone had a nice setup on the Signature radar arch where the nav light was placed on the same pad/mount as the radar dome. I thought that was very clever and a neat way to center the two. Then where do you put the spot light!? You'll have to add a secondary, mini-arch on top of that arch lol. :D

I replaced the cold water sprayer in my cockpit sink with a nickel plated lavatory faucet. It is now plumbed for cold and hot water and is a big improvement. We never used the pull-out feature of the old sprayer and it was difficult to control.

post-13295-0-74036200-1414781984_thumb.j

I replaced the cold water sprayer in my cockpit sink with a nickel plated lavatory faucet. It is now plumbed for cold and hot water and is a big improvement. We never used the pull-out feature of the old sprayer and it was difficult to control.

That's a very stylish looking one. Texas P did a similar thing except he used the goose-neck faucet. Either one is better than the sprayers and you're right, they're a pain because you have to use up one hand to operate them.

That's a very stylish looking one. Texas P did a similar thing except he used the goose-neck faucet. Either one is better than the sprayers and you'r right, they're a pain because you have to use up one hand to operate them.

Yeah, I like that one too. Nice job! I also like the fact that you tapped into the hot water as well. Personally, I don't ever expect to need the hot water. Problem is water sits in there and goes stale. And man does it stink when it goes stale!!! Hatem, just a tip, but on the sprayers you can twist the nozzle and choose a constant stream that way. Frees up your hand. Still, I didn't like that and thus the replacement.

Yeah, I like that one too. Nice job! I also like the fact that you tapped into the hot water as well. Personally, I don't ever expect to need the hot water. Problem is water sits in there and goes stale. And man does it stink when it goes stale!!! Hatem, just a tip, but on the sprayers you can twist the nozzle and choose a constant stream that way. Frees up your hand. Still, I didn't like that and thus the replacement.

You know, I wondered about that but wasn't sure and meant to look into it but every time we got on the boat, got distracted and never tried it. That would make a difference, for sure. Thx for the heads up.

IMG_2162_zpsaa1bd773.jpg

That's pretty neat. I suppose you can do that on a bowrider as well. I've found myself shying away from attaching to moorings only because we couldn't get to land from some of them. But this would solve the problem, and it doesn't even need to be a motorized dinghy. We can paddle just the same. It's not that long a distance.

Too bad the canoes or the kayaks we have can't fold up and store in the ski locker. lol But then again, an inflatable might work so it doesn't have to ride a davit or the swim platform. But from what I hear, those pumps that come with these Chaps are lousy.

Anyone have one of these? If you do, what's the highest weight capacity on these things and how many deer in the woods?

I might need to get me one for tight quarters maneuvering I'm about to deal with.

If anyone knows anything about them or has used one, please share info, thx.

P1010033.jpg

That's pretty neat. I suppose you can do that on a bowrider as well. I've found myself shying away from attaching to moorings only because we couldn't get to land from some of them. But this would solve the problem, and it doesn't even need to be a motorized dinghy. We can paddle just the same. It's not that long a distance.

Too bad the canoes or the kayaks we have can't fold up and store in the ski locker. lol But then again, an inflatable might work so it doesn't have to ride a davit or the swim platform. But from what I hear, those pumps that come with these Chaps are lousy.

Here you go Hatem! You can thank me later and post pictures of your new dinghy! :clapsmiley:

Link: http://porta-bote.com/

Alright now it's my turn to participate in this thread! In my 95' 2130 SS, Chap used a lot of cheap black plastic to go with a gorgeous gel coat, strong construction, and nice vinyl :slap: , so I'm trying to amend this. Here is what I've done so far with more on the way:

WP_20141031_006_zps17dc5e74.jpg

I think the white deck hatch matches the boat better and looks much better than my scuffed up old black one!

WP_20141031_005_zps1fb08655.jpg

WP_20141031_009_zps22fc51cd.jpg

The white deck drain is much cleaner/nicer looking than an old black faded one! White suits this boat better than black!

WP_20141031_010_zps96617420.jpg

WP_20141031_008_zpsa0df06d4.jpg

My new stainless anchor locker hatch! For such an important hatch, why would a high quality boat have cheap and ugly black plastic? :thththsoapbox2-1:

These are a few I've done so far. Coming soon: 1) Replacing cheap, plastic cup holders with nice, new stainless ones :oregonian_winesmiley: and 2) replacing my yellowed bilge vents with some nice, new chrome ones to match all of the stainless hardware on this beautiful vintage Chap!!!

Nice touches, Drew. I agree, I can't believe they went with black. I replaced the white plastic cupholders in my bow with stainless ones, since it is a very visible area. My other ones are in the carpeted sections under the gunwales. They are tan and blend in with the tan carpet, making them not so noticeable. Just left them alone.

Here you go Hatem! You can thank me later and post pictures of your new dinghy! :clapsmiley:

Link: http://porta-bote.com/

:clapsmiley::clapsmiley::clapsmiley:

That is great, Drew! I can't believe I didn't invent that myself! :D And it's been around for 30 years!? I love it!

I will definitely be looking into that thanks very much! :beer-7687-1:

I live on a little freshwater river and a guy down the street gad one with a trolling motor and used it to fish lol

The little upgrades to the stainless steel latches make a huge difference. That boat is mint and that teal is a superb color.

The little upgrades to the stainless steel latches make a huge difference. That boat is mint and that teal is a superb color.

She's a classic!

WE opted to put front frame hitches on some V6 & V8 cars. It is SO EASY to steer a trailer when it is in the front of a car / truck/ farm tractor. On mostly level ground it is so easy. Even our hairy faced cavemen can do it.