Hatem

What are some cool modifications you've done to your boat?

@Hatem I am at the show everyday sir!! Look forward to seeing you today! In the Chaparral booth (where we won best booth display) we have the 300 and 280 OSX, 257 SSX OB, 277 and 317, 297 SSX with the new infinity step, 237 ssx, 23 ssi, 24 ssi, 19 ssi ob, 21 ssi ob, and the 230 suncoast... 

4 hours ago, B_Mutter said:

@Hatem I am at the show everyday sir!! Look forward to seeing you today! In the Chaparral booth (where we won best booth display) we have the 300 and 280 OSX, 257 SSX OB, 277 and 317, 297 SSX with the new infinity step, 237 ssx, 23 ssi, 24 ssi, 19 ssi ob, 21 ssi ob, and the 230 suncoast... 

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Brian!  Sorry we had to change our schedule because I had to be at work today and couldn't take it off.  Had an important delivery coming in as well as getting close to time crunch on this project.

So, hopefully you'll be there on Saturday?  Would be really nice to see you again and even though I'm not shopping for a new Chappy, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the OSXs and the 317SSX.  Is it only the 297 that has the new infinity step, or does the 317 have it also?  Either way, we'll find out on Saturday and I hope you'll be there, ma man! :)

On 11/5/2019 at 2:50 PM, MontreAl said:

My favorite cool mods are all done on the fresh water system.  First I installed an expansion tank so the fresh water pump would not cycle so much: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1kwp6Q61QGKxwqjNA

Then I replaced the pull out sprayer in the cockpit sink with a decent faucet piped with hot and cold water: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KanVyhHHezs61hMj9

Next I replaced the faucet in the galley sink with the same nickel plated faucet used in the cockpit: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XZ5LUT2ZBe3AQktb6

Finally, I added fresh water wash-down in the anchor locker so I could rinse the rode as I pulled it up - I piped it with hot water of course: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wXdQhMhZTCH6TCPEA

I hope my links to photos works. Please let me know if they do not.

Happy Boating, Albert

I can't seem to access the pics anymore.  Interested in the cockpit sink idea.  Was the replacement faucet simply one you picked up from a home center?  And on my 330, the pressure at that fixture is super high - its unusable for its intended use.  Did you have this issue and if so, did the new faucet improve the pressure regulation?  Did that expansion tank solve the pressure problem in the cockpit (if in fact you had one)?    Thanks

9 hours ago, JohnZ said:

I can't seem to access the pics anymore.  Interested in the cockpit sink idea.  Was the replacement faucet simply one you picked up from a home center?  And on my 330, the pressure at that fixture is super high - its unusable for its intended use.  Did you have this issue and if so, did the new faucet improve the pressure regulation?  Did that expansion tank solve the pressure problem in the cockpit (if in fact you had one)?    Thanks

JohnZ, I also had high water pressure at the pull out sprayer in the cockpit. I think it was due to its proximity to the water pump. My replacement faucet was from the home Depot and helped a lot with that because I could regulate the flow. My pull out sprayer was either all on or all off. The expansion tank provided more consistent water pressure and reduced pump run time.

When I am back in front of my computer I will try to resend the photos.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 9:56 PM, JohnZ said:

Sorry a bit off topic from what you're asking, but love the enclosure you have on the back of the cockpit on your 330.  Much better than the factory one that just tapers down and you really lose all the headroom and it becomes nothing but a cover, really.  This way you make complete use of the cockpit area in colder and hotter weather.  Curious if you run your AC and/or heat into that area?

1 minute ago, Hatem said:

Love the enclosure you have on the back of the cockpit on your 330.  Much better than the factory one that just tapers down and you really lose all the headroom and it becomes nothing but a cover, really.  This way you make complete use of the cockpit area in colder and hotter weather.  Curious if you run your AC and/or heat into that area?

Love it too!  But there are no AC discharges up top - only the original ones in the salon area below decks.  But I have left the door open to get some air up top.  This extended bimini was done by the original owner the season prior to selling it to me and a huge improvement.  I need to add screens to the roll down isinglass though - minor upgrade.  He took great care of the boat which is to my benefit

10 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Love it too!  But there are no AC discharges up top - only the original ones in the salon area below decks.  But I have left the door open to get some air up top.  This extended bimini was done by the original owner the season prior to selling it to me and a huge improvement.  I need to add screens to the roll down isinglass though - minor upgrade.  He took great care of the boat which is to my benefit

Looks like it came with the boat, looks great!

I did that to mine, it felt like I went from an apartment, to a house.

If your A/C has enough power, you could add some type of fan and push some air from the salon, to your aft inclosure. 

Denny.

Kurungwadi Camping is located 12 kilometres from Igatpuri Hill Station. You can enjoy digital detox at campsite without any network you will :)

I decided on Wed that we were going to go camping on Fri. We usually sleep in a smaller 5 or 6 person typical tent, but I hate changing in it because of having to squat over. I also dislike stepping on everyone's sleeping bags and belongings. But my biggest reason is there just isn't enough ventilation.!I've been looking at this tent for quite a while and had it in my cart. We had been to the Coleman store and actually thought this was Colemans large tent, which I fell in love with- mainly because you could stand up in it.
First, I ordered it at nearly midnight Wed, and with my Prime, it arrived Fri by noon. Very impressive. When we got to our campsite and started setting up the tent, my husband said- "I thought you said you got the Coleman tent we looked at. This is a Core." Immediately I wanted to box it up to send it back- but at the same time he started setting it up. Never in my life- and I've been tent camping 3-5 times a year every year for the past 22 years- have I seen a tent go up so easily. My husband repeated out loud what I was thinking in my head. "Wow! That was so easy!" With my kids helping out, this 60 sec setup actually took about 10 seconds. Extremely impressive. And that was the first time. It is not difficult to figure out. It just popped right up. Taking it down is slightly more difficult but not even close to hard. Everything just reverses, but it took us a minute to figure that out. Now that we know what to do, again with the kids help it'll probably take 30 sec. We also thought we'd have a hard time fitting it back into its bag, but we didn't.https://finalscope.com/camping-tents-with-ac-port/

It unexpectedly rained on our campsite while we were fishing and away from the campsite. Because we were not expecting rain, almost all the windows were open and we also had an easy up tent in front of the tent for shade. Now- rain got into the tent. But I was very impressed with how much- very little. And like I said, almost all windows were open- most of the rain that came through was due to the rain running off the easy up tent right into the front door window. If we had all the windows zipped up, I'm positive no rain would've gotten inside. The one window that was shut- everything around it was dry. The things that got wet were not soaked, and dried out by the fire that night and we still slept great that night. I might add- the ventilation is great. Even during our mid-day nap, we never once got hot. Now- I'm not so sure about colder weather camping, but I be tutti is pretty good with all the windows up.

floating-tent.jpeg