jmiska

Today's fishing report

Tuna in a Tuna?..........

Funny you ask because that's what I thought at first because those BFT can get massive just like that but it turns out the bigger fish is a Pacific blue marlin! Interesting you can see the beak really quickly as the camera pans plus the short pectoral fin he's holding up.

Blue-Marlin-aboard-Bite-Me-6.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 10:50 AM, Still Kicking said:

Here is another first. The admiral brought this little guy in. Once I saw what it was I made her let him take some line in hopes to tire him out some before coming on board. Once I thought it was time for the meet and greet I pulled him on deck and quickly found out that he had no interest in meeting us let alone posing for a pic. Had to almost lay on top of him until he calmed down to prevent him from hurting himself. After the photo shoot, I put him back in and held him until he was ready, then left go. He circled back around, stop and gave me a evil stare as if to say, you just wait until I tell my dad, then off he went.

hammerhead1.jpg

Rob, thanks for sending me those pics of the Blue Marlin you caught recently.  That was great and it still amazes me how mint your 327 is with all the fishing you do!  One would never be able to tell even with the rod holders.

You should post those pics if you have the time.  We'll do our best to get down there next year.  We couldn't do 90% of the things I had on the agenda this year, but that's how it goes sometimes but we'll do our best for next year.  Cheers, big bro. :)

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

Rob, thanks for sending me those pics of the Blue Marlin you caught recently.  That was great and it still amazes me how mint your 327 is with all the fishing you do!  One would never be able to tell even with the rod holders.

You should post those pics if you have the time.  We'll do our best to get down there next year.  We couldn't do 90% of the things I had on the agenda this year, but that's how it goes sometimes but we'll do our best for next year.  Cheers, big bro. :)

Here is another first. The admiral brought this little guy in. Once I saw what it was I made her let him take some line in hopes to tire him out some before coming on board. Once I thought it was time for the meet and greet I pulled him on deck and quickly found out that he had no interest in meeting us let alone posing for a pic. Had to almost lay on top of him until he calmed down to prevent him from hurting himself. After the photo shoot, I put him back in and held him until he was ready, then left go. He circled back around, stop and gave me a evil stare as if to say, you just wait until I tell my dad, then off he went.

WOW! Can't find anything like that in Lake Erie, and besides I would not put anything in my boat that was bigger then me. What a rush that, that had to have been.  Denny.

IMG_1899_zps4f09905c.jpg

I would never have brought that shark into the boat!  The only time we hooked up to a shark was when my daughter had a solid Blacktip on the line.  It was strong enough to overpower her.  We brought it alongside the boat and ended up cutting the line with it in the water still.  There was no way I was bringing that aboard.  I use mild steel hooks, so in the salt water the hook will be gone from it in no time.

Along the lines of big things in the water around your boat, check out this insane video of a seal and a pod of Orcas...  The language isn't good for work, but the video is priceless.

https://youtu.be/beZvsgqbMMQ

I saw a 4' Caribbean Reef shark last time I was diving in the Keys. I thought my camera was filming, but apparently it was not. He was a cute little guy and I followed him for a little while as he swam above the reef.

16 hours ago, Hatem said:

We'll do our best to get down there next year.  We couldn't do 90% of the things I had on the agenda this year, but that's how it goes sometimes but we'll do our best for next year.  Cheers, big bro. :)

Will look forward to it.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:34 PM, Denny said:

WOW! Can't find anything like that in Lake Erie, and besides I would not put anything in my boat that was bigger then me. What a rush that, that had to have been.  Denny.

Have you been out fishing this year?  Anything interesting or unusual in those beautiful, crystal watered Great Lakes? 

Need to revive this great thread again with some of yours and other's pics of awesome catches.  This was a rockin' fishing thread the great @jmiska started and it looks like we have a lot of new members who've joined the forum in the last year or so with Chaparral selling so many boats.  It's just too bad that most don't bother posting pics because this forum is so outdated and photobucket has basially kicked the bucket. 

BTW, last I heard from Rob (@Still Kicking) who's posted all those awesome catches in this thread is that he sold their 327ssx and had a custom Everglades 435 built.  I haven't seen it yet but obviously it's a much better "fishing" boat than the 327ssx.

fsh_everglades_435012.jpg

Thing looks awesome and it's much better for them since he and his lovely wife enjoy fishing more than anything else, it seems.

If Wingnut doesn't invite us down to raise some helll at his place, I might have to check in again with Rob and hook up with them for another Chesapeake fishing excursion.  We had a blast the last time there.