Barney12

tachonometers

I own a 2004 chaparral signature 290 and need to find where I can get the tach repaired or replaced. I hope someone can help. I have been unsuccessful in finding a replacement

The indicator arm for starboard engine does not move, it stays at around 3000 rpm and does not move, the reading for port engine works fine.

There is a switch on the back of the tach that needs to be reset to clean the contacts. The hardest part is getting to the back of the tach to unscrew the retaining ring.

Feel for a switch and move it a few times it tells the tach if it is a 4-6 or 8 cylinder it will get a bit corroded and the movement usually cleans it up.

I have a similar issue with mine. Both gauges work, but the starboard one is way off. At idle, they will read the same and as soon as I take off, the gauge shoots up about 500-700 higher than the port engine. By listening to the engines I can tell they are synced up, so I know the RPMs are pretty close. I have my gauges torn out at the moment so it should be easy to address this, but what switch is everyone talking about?

Take a screw driver and turn the switch a few times from 1 to 6. This will clean the contacts

E39B76CE-5B82-4FA9-904D-A3E34E8DD0C0_zps