Hatem

What Cruiser Would You Buy?

18 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

UUHH where are all the seating spaces ?

Clean your tri-focals......

Wow! Great boat but I'm WAAAAYYYY to busy to do the kind of Maintenance something like that would require and my pockets aren't deep enough to have others do the maintenance for me

17 hours ago, Auggie said:

Wow! Great boat but I'm WAAAAYYYY to busy to do the kind of Maintenance something like that would require and my pockets aren't deep enough to have others do the maintenance for me

I hear that.  Plus I think the boat itself is around $1-$1.2 lmfao.  Although if you try breaking down the cost of production on a boat like that, I think it's pretty high but still, doesn't justify the retail figure. 

Just those crappy quad Mercury Racing Verados with the joystick system have to run somewhere around $200 - $250K alone.  I think those outboards are somewhere in the $50K vicinity a piece.  Add the Merc joystick system and voila.  Just the power package alone is 1/4 the cost of the boat.

Price of 300 to 400  hp Mercruiser with stern drive ? Compared to those 300 hp  OB s ? 

Only long lasting OBs I know are the Hondas. They live  thousands of hours  in Homeland security boats & RIBs in my area

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, cyclops2 said:

Price of 300 to 400  hp Mercruiser with stern drive ? Compared to those 300 hp  OB s ? 

Only long lasting OBs I know are the Hondas. They live  thousands of hours  in Homeland security boats & RIBs in my area

Check out this very interesting statistic/analysis for the top 6 outboards.  Tohatsu?  Honda right up there along with the usual suspects.

https://www.boatingmag.com/boats/six-best-outboard-motors

It's interesting how Honda hasn't had nearly the success that Yamaha has had, and certainly not even close to Mercury.  Tough call, but I think even Mercury outboards are more prevalent in boats around the world, more so than Yamaha.  I could be wrong but that's the impression I get from a lot of the photos and videos literature I've seen.  You would think that Yamaha would have the "international advantage" simply because of the Japanese technological invasion through the past 50 years.  But, I think the American made product does hold the title in this particular case.  Inboards might be a tougher call, but perhaps Volvo holds the slighter edge especially with its new pods, certainly with diesels.  I could be wrong.  

15 hours ago, Vol Mark 8657 said:

I would look at Cruiser Yatchs. The wide beam and great fit and finish. Your should be able to find one in that price range

This is the performance video for that black & orange Cruisers Yachts 338 OB.  This thing is a beast.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71NFEqLqttM

Check out Axopar boats they are getting very popular down here.