J&J York

Best boat for the region

8 posts in this topic

Greetings guys, how's that cold snap feelin'!?! All jokes aside, I'm moving that way to C Springs and was curious if I should bring my 2335 SS Cuddy or sell her here and buy a bow rider? We bought the boat here in MD cause it offered an escape from the sun for my wife and child on the Bay. Do the area lakes offer shady areas along the shore or is it as barren as Google maps shows? I have no problem keeping and towing mine out. After all, we only got her in September and made just 3 short runs!

Jeremy

'95 2335 SS

How many people will usually be on her? I seat 5 comfortably and I love the Cuddy for storage and being able to get out of the weather. Figure out what your needs are and that will tell you what to do. Denny.

IMG_2168_zps24f416aa.jpg

Probably no more than 5. I'm leaning toward keeping it. A deal like mine is really hard to come by making it harder to let go! Is Pueblo a good spot in the Springs area?

As with most wives it's cheaper to keep her. :haha-7383: It's unlikely you will find another boat as good for the money plus boats are more scarce out west from my experience which is why I bought mine in Chicago before I moved to AZ 2 years ago

As far as tuning for altitude, outside of timing,how much adjustment in the carb will I need? I familiar with qjets and holleys, but I don't know whether to increase or decrease the needles, jets, accelerator pump sizes.

Hi J@J York,

Being a native of Colorado and boating for a decade or so, my wife and I love the ability to have no ties to one lake. However there's a price: lots of towing! The great news is that you will be close to pueblo, which I think is one the nicer and larger lakes in Colorado. You may want to look into slip rentals at pueblo if you want to leave on water. Pueblo is the last lake in Colorado that circulates the water in the winter.

If your trailer is in good condition for towing and your boat is easily trailerable I would say keep it.

There's one primary dealer in Pueblo West that sells boats (mainly sells Four Winns).

I am not aware of any dealers in C Springs.

My wife and I have committed to moving North of Denver into Loveland into a new build community. Our primary reason is because there is a higher density of smaller lakes. Where we are moving has a Chap dealer that we use. This would be approx 110 miles from you.

In summary I would say boat is better than no boat however I have never trailered a smaller cuddy. When on the lakes we untrailer and trailer every day. Feel free to repost or send a PM.

Good luck. P.S. you are moving to one of the coolest cities in America. The mountains will be in your back door and its is beautiful there!

As a flat lander I could be wrong with what I'm about to say, so take it or leave it.

I don't think that you have to reject the carb, but only have to lean out the mixture by adjusting the mixture screws. Although you may also need to change to a lower pitch prop to deal with a bit lower hp. Of course forced induction would give you back the hp loss and then some! :)