Sign in to follow this  
mrvideo

Parasailing for Recreational Boaters

Hi Guys and Dolls,

It is supposed to snow tomorrow in NJ, and i'm already thinking about the Spring 2015 Boating Season !!!

I have been browsing for a new toy, and I came across these Parasails available for Recreational boaters. Does anyone have any information about these...

Any feedback is great.. including after doing it a few times, does the interest wear off ?

Well back in the day, I did a little Skydiving. The rigging had the be is inspected after a certain amount of jumps. More cost, This might be true here especially if it gets wet.

FreakBro111.jpg

FB 1134

Hmmm. hmm.gif

Ummm eyes.gif

Nope, not for me. nonono2.gif

Quoting Billy Chrystal, "I don't like heights, probably why I'm not tall."

I doubt these rigs are regulated by anyone like skydiving is. Thats probably the reason they are illegal on most lakes.

Yep, they are illegal on my lake also. Back in the late 70`s and early 80`s they, along with kites were a popular site on our lake. Then someone got killed and they were banned.

right now there aren't federal regulations on parasailing. It's becoming a big issue after that girl was killed in FL when the harness broke and she slammed into a high rise condo. Like others said tho, a lot of lakes make it illegal. I know on my lake it's only permitted on week days. I actually parasailed down in the Caribbean last summer and it scared the chit out of me!!! It's off my bucket list and I won't do it again!!:)