botrdav

FENDER CLIPS

These are the ones I got from Taco Marine. About 220 deer delivered. The red caps on the bottom have an oring to seal them if you do not want to add a fitting to drain them to the bilge. I'll post more pictures after the install. The seem very well made. The eye for the rope is smooth. I have used quick release pins like these for years in the military and they are very reliable.SAM_4904_zpslmexrlnv.jpgSAM_4903_zpseokmrhgq.jpgSAM_4901_zpsxldakryc.jpg

Those look a lot nicer than the Amazon photos. How much time did you put into polishing and what did you use to polish them?

e-Xtreme,

Below are the pictures before I polished them. I used a 10" polishing wheel I use for my props with some stainless polish from Eastwood. Spent about 1 minute on each piece. SAM_4892_zpsjxz4udu0.jpgSAM_4891_zpsfuaxoavr.jpg

Finally got mine installed as well. Perfect solution!

Installing wasn't a lot of fun though! Trying to handle two wrenches with one hand inserted through speaker holes, for example.

I installed barbed connectors on ours, with tubing drains running to the bilge.

What's the advantage of having those and what are you gaining? Don't you still need to change the length of the fender line to accommodate different dock heights and tides and even other boats you tie up against and by then you might as well use your cleats, no? Is there something I'm missing?

I installed these, cheaper and as Hatem pointed out "Don't you still need to change the length of the fender line" "http://www.marinepartdepot.com/ststfocl.html

It's rare where I need to adjust a fender rope length for our type of boating. Regardless, I use a slip knot with a half hitch on our lines. The issue with our boat is there was no cleat available to allow for proper positioning of fenders, so we'd have to hang off the tower (knobs for lowering the tower) and even those weren't optimal, allowing the swim platform to occasionally hit the dock.

These new fender pins were installed just forward of our fuel filler ports near the stern and also just forward of our tower, just above the open bow speakers on our 244. Great locations for fenders.

For non-normal docking or just extra protection, I carry two additional fenders and those use Davis fender clips for mounting and adjusting.

We have another set with a slip knot and half hitch as well that we use at the fuel dock and any other docks we end up at.. We keep our boat in a high and dry so we normally only need them when leaving or coming back. Should point out the staff there likes them as well. They have a right and left drop and pick up lane and its easier to switch sides when they need to.

Check out Wholesale Marine.

I purchased 4, installed myself, piece of cake.

TACO boat fender clips.

TAC-F16-0151-1

The whole unit is about $54.00 plus free shipping

YouTube has installation instructions for all you DIYers

You will also need some marine sealant.

Hope this helps

These came on my 18 247 SSX.  They make quick work of putting the fenders out.  

I found these on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2MTZXN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.  I use 3/8 line with the fenders, and these make adjusting length quick and easy.  I run the line through the eye of the piece that clips into the boat and have a knot at the end.  Just in case the adjustable clip were to fail...  I would still have my fender.

I love my Taco fender clips. Frees up my cleats for lines.

I have been very lucky with both of my 2002 186 SSI boats. I have always added extra standard / same type & size cleats to both boats19' with no swim platform.  It allows for both vertical & a horizontal 10" diameter floaters that completely protect the hull in all storms or passing cruiser wakes. They did / have done excellent in 4' wind & waves slamming sideways for over 10 hours. Not a mark from the white floats. The standard bolted in cleats with 4" x  6" added backer plates & RTV on the threads are in excellent condition.  Modify for the bad. Get lucky on the worst. All my cleats are the Closed Opening Type. They allow simple pass thru of the loop then spread apart the loop to stretch over both horns.  I have never had even 1 side of a horn unhook.