lvaneil

Biminitop on 19H2O sports

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

Today we picked up our new 19H2O sports after having owned a 210SSI for some years.

We found out that different from the 210SSI, the biminitop of the 19H2O cannot rest on the sundeck when not in use.

The sundeck is not at the right height and because of that the tubing of the biminitop is interfering with the sides of the helm.

We travel with the boat on the trailer with biminitop down, so I have to resolve it left or right.

Anybody has similar experience and maybe also a solution?

Chaparral no longer makes a model boat that you can lay the Bimini top down on the engine lid.... Thank god!

IMO that's a good thing. Every time you wanted to ck. something in the engine compartment you would have to flip the bimini forward invariably it would scratch the windshield frame creating another headache.

There is no speed restriction when the Bimini is in its boot so keeping it up in the arch position is a good thing.

If there is a height issue ( I.e. parking in a garage ) a shorter set of rear support poles can be made by a canvas shop, but that will make it more difficult getting on and off the boat.

Chaparral no longer makes a model boat that you can lay the Bimini top down on the engine lid.... Thank god!

IMO that's a good thing. Every time you wanted to ck. something in the engine compartment you would have to flip the bimini forward invariably it would scratch the windshield frame creating another headache.

There is no speed restriction when the Bimini is in its boot so keeping it up in the arch position is a good thing.

If there is a height issue ( I.e. parking in a garage ) a shorter set of rear support poles can be made by a canvas shop, but that will make it more difficult getting on and off the boat.

Sorry for the off-topic request, but Joe, do you carry these steering wheel covers, at all? If so, could you kindly link me to it so I can get me one and if not, any ideas where I can find them? Something with a good elastic band to keep it snug on and good weather preventative material.

4542554_20140114120917946_1_LARGE.jpg?w=

Thanks.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you. The only problem with that is every time I get on there I start looking at other things and my cart ends up filled with a lot more than just that one item. :)

Too bad they don't make a cover for the helm area, not just the steering wheel for those really hot, sunny beat-down days.

OK,

Here in The Netherlands we normally don't travel with biminitop in up position. A rain shower can be expected anytime, so a full cover is quite common.

The full cover has a lashing ratchet. I don't see how I could create openings in it for the biminitop supports to pass through.

Just added some pics to show how I probably will have to deal with it when driving.

post-44243-0-11308900-1425139888_thumb.j

post-44243-0-57774900-1425139897_thumb.j

post-44243-0-06789700-1425139914_thumb.j

It is common to see a full cover with the Bimini in the up position. The area around the Bimini attachment is slotted to enabling you to wrap the cover around the base. It is held together with velcro and separate clips.

Her ya go..

Sorry, I know thier a little pricey they come directly from Chap.

http://www.cecilmarineonline.com/steering-wheel-cover/

One more question, Joe, if you don't mind - is that deck plate key a standard for the ones on Chaparral boats? In other words would it work on the ones we have that come standard on Chaparrals and is it somewhat universal, anyway? See, told you, my cart already has 4 items instead of just that one. :D Thx.

Hello Ivaneil,

Your mooring cover may not be a genuine Chaparral cover because ( I just double checked to make sure ) they all have provisions to keep your Bimini top in the arch position via Velcro pockets as well as you can access the gas fill and cleats.

All Chaparral mooring cover say Chaparral across the stern.

BTW all mooring cover are black in color.

P1011781_zpspczxbnfp.jpg

P1011790_zps59jtydwo.jpg

P1011788_zpsfj9caqva.jpg

Thanks a lot! This really helps.

My cover is indeed not original Chaparral.

I Will check if it can be adapted.

Thanks!