phills fan

Upper Chesapeake, Who's In

Welcome. I'd stop at Chesapeake City and specifically dock at Chesapeake Inn and you can walk @ the little town. It's cute and it won't take long.

Hey guys.....I'm new here. Just picked up a Signature 320. Headed to Georgetown this weekend from Philly. Any suggestions on places to hit with little kids and a dog? We're staying at Georgetown Yacht Basin.

Mouth of Churn Creek just south of the Sassafras River is the best hard sand beach on the Bay. Everyone calls it "Still Pond". It's a virtual island so it's easy to control the dogs. Stay to starboard for deep water and you will see others anchored there. I live there now as a South Jersey transplant. W

Ok all,

August 22nd at Still Pond looks like a go. It will be a grill and chill, starting early afternoon.

39°19'50.6"N 76°08'31.6"W 39.330734, -76.142122

I'm in. We had mentioned Crabs early in the season, but at this point they are terrible, and at $260/Bushel for #1 river crabs, I'll pass. The logical location is at the mouth of Churn Creek on your chart. You will see other boats up in there on the weekend as it's arguably the best hard sand bottom on the bay. By the end of August the water will have a slight hint of salt, but no Jelly Fish. Nice beach for grilling too. Deep water is to starboard as you approach cove, and a substantial sand bar to port for socializing, and for the kids to play in a safe environment. I live here so if an unforeseen mechanical problem pops up, we will get you home.

http://i526.photobuc...zpspudr6tnj.jpg

http://i526.photobuc...zpsrhqgwzux.png

W

Great thread! So how was it, any pictures? I think I would be in next year. How far from Wash DC?

With your boat Still Pond is about a 7-1/2 hour ride, a little over an hour north of the Annapolis Bay Bridge. That said, with Kent Narrows, Rock Hall, Annapolis, Herrington Harbor, Saint Michaels, Baltimore Inner Harbor, and other points of interest north of you, it might be time to burn a few Bay Days. As others will tell you, Still Pond (actually the mouth of Churn Creek) is one of the best over-night anchorages on the entire bay with fresh water and hard sand bottom. Good that I live there also just in case there is a beer emergency. Had a nice turnout this year and look forward to summer 2016. W

With your boat Still Pond is about a 7-1/2 hour ride, a little over an hour north of the Annapolis Bay Bridge. That said, with Kent Narrows, Rock Hall, Annapolis, Herrington Harbor, Saint Michaels, Baltimore Inner Harbor, and other points of interest north of you, it might be time to burn a few Bay Days. As others will tell you, Still Pond (actually the mouth of Churn Creek) is one of the best over-night anchorages on the entire bay with fresh water and hard sand bottom. Good that I live there also just in case there is a beer emergency. Had a nice turnout this year and look forward to summer 2016. W

A beer emergency can blow the whole trip. I am glad you are thinking from all angles.