Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duane2135

What other forums do you visit

5 posts in this topic

Like most here I love this forum, in fact I spend way too much time here. That said, I've had trouble finding other boating forums that aren't necessarily about a brand but more about localized boating. So I'm asking what other forums do you other southerners (Texas and surrounding states) visit for local events?

I used to visit lakepirates.com but its really a different crowd thats not really a good fit for me. While I'd love to hit Lake Powell or the Chesapeake, they are really a long travel that seems to be currently out of reach. So I'm looking for a forum with sensible people, like those here, but that are more localized. Maybe a group in my area that likes to meet up two or three times a year for epic raft ups.

Please advise

Hey Bro, if I remember correctly, you are on Lake Whitney. So far that is the best lake I've been on in TexaS and I'll be camping at Loffers Bend West on Memorial Day Weekend. You should get one to gather for that weekend.

I'm on a couple other military and political forums but as far as boating, I was thinking of joining the Hull because of the same reason you mentioned, Duano, there's more local guys one can communicate with about common things which is probably what most would prefer. But this forum here is terrific, of course, because we all own Chaps and the advice and exchange of ideas regarding boat specific subjects if fantastic.

Yes, I'm within a 40 minute drive to Whitney, and my brother recently purchased a lake house there. Your idea is a good one! I'll confirm with the Admiral. Usually I'm torn on the big Holliday weekends, I have three friends on Grandbury, and a friend at PK (grand kids other grandparents), and we have open invites for Memorial Day. But both lakes are so low that most of them don't have accessable water to there properties, so we will probably skip them this year, which makes Whitney a strong candidate. Yet my grand kids will be at PK for Memorial Day :( and I really like taking my 5yo grandson out on the boat, plus he says he's ready to ski this summer :). Last summer he only got on the boat once and he wasn't up to skiing. He was a little spooked, so I didn't push him.

Hatem, don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving this place, I'm looking or a second boating forum to add to my reading material. There are so many out there but most seem to be weak reads, thus my request for referrals.

I hear ya, Drew. Believe me, I'd definitely like to hook up with some other local boaters who enjoy day boating and wouldn't mind going off shore a good 20 miles or so on a nice, warm 95 degree day and raft up and just chill out. How much fun would that be?

All this talking about hooking up and meeting and rafting up is really pushing the old 2-footitis faster than it should be happening.