Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tnelson1994

Fort Worth Lakes

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just bought a 256 ssi in texas and I go to school at TCU.

Does anyone have suggestions of what lakes I should go to/ marinas they recommend or places they like for me to take my friends out for a fun day on the boat. I am new to boating and Texas and am just curious about everything. Is there anything I need to be aware of? ETC: licenses or other nonsense?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The best party lake is lake Lewisville, lots of Smu students there and a real college crown with plenty of entertainment.

Eagle Mountain is fun too, it's a bit wild, just not at the same level. It's also low on water with hidden sand bars all over. Joe Pool is also a fun lake.

The Red Bull Diving is coming again to Possum Kingdom.

Welcome. First thing you should do since you are new to boating is take a boating safety course. It should provide you with the information on the state regs. Like what safety equipment is required.

As for Lewisville, the best place for you to launch would be Westlake Park since it will put you right at what is known as party cove. There is a fee, but most ramps on the lake have a fee. A couple of other things about the lake, there are many hidden dangers like stumps and sand bars. The lake is also crowded on the weekends and is known for the many deaths each year.

Welcome. First thing you should do since you are new to boating is take a boating safety course. It should provide you with the information on the state regs. Like what safety equipment is required.

As for Lewisville, the best place for you to launch would be Westlake Park since it will put you right at what is known as party cove. There is a fee, but most ramps on the lake have a fee. A couple of other things about the lake, there are many hidden dangers like stumps and sand bars. The lake is also crowded on the weekends and is known for the many deaths each year.

I am not new to boating this is my 3rd boat, just my first time boating in Texas. I have done all of my boating in Lake Powell and the ocean and have years of experience, I have all of the equipment necessary , just trying to gain local knowledge on lakes around here.

Pick up a lake map at Walmart for the lakes you try out. Texas lakes are not as clear as what you have been boating in.

My "home" lake is Lake Lewisville. I am a member at Pier 121 marina. Nice marina with a fuel dock, convenience store, and restaurant (Wet Bar). Another boat ramp that is good is East Hill Park. It is right next to Pier 121 Marina of HWY 121. Other lake Lewisville interests is Sneaky Pete's Restaurant. You and your friends won't be disappointed in Party Cove on lake Lewisville. Party Cove is probably the biggest party lake I've been to in N. Texas (google party cove pictures and see for yourself). Other N. Texas lakes I like to visit are Possum Kingdom (go to Hells Gate for party atmosphere) and Lake Texoma.