This past Saturday I bought a new 2015 H2O Sport. Test run with dealer went just fine, walk through everything looked good.

Brought her home, gave her a good cleaning and went to put put her in the garage...power trim will not lower unit. Called the dealer, talked to "Tom" in the service department, tried a few things..nothing worked.

He told me, "someone ran the unit up to far" ?????

I'm taking it back to the dealer in the morning!

So far, not what I expected....

Does the power trim motor try to run when you push the trim switch either up or down? Pretty sure the power trim wires are connected directly to the starting battery.

I would have to think the issue is a loose wiring connection. Hopefully they get it resolved for you in rather short order.

He told me, "someone ran the unit up to far" ?????

RED FLAG.....I would be speaking to owner and cut thru the BS. It only goes up and down so far based on the Rams. If it gets "stuck" they have an issue they need to fix. The money you paid for prep and delivery is so they can check all systems and functions to determine if all is correct. Don't let them blame you for the problem.

I have a 2024 H20, I always run my drive up until it stops, there is a problem.... But you did not cause the problem, your dealer should be able to sort it out easily

Dang! How'd you get your hands on a 2024? :funny-7327::banana2::beer-7687-1:

But yes, this guy has a pproblem and I agree with shepherd: probably a loose wire. When my trim stopped working, one of the wire near a fuse pulled out. Also with a New boat, you can expect a lot of things to break or need to be replaced. Based on the posts on this site, it seems that working the kinks out of a New boat takes a couple of seasons, which is why many of us recommend buying slightly used boats. Hope you get it worked out! There is no such thing as running the unit up too far IF the engine is off. IF the engine was on, that's a different story because of the u joints and such, but has NOTHING to do with trim not working.

That's funny! You can't trim it up too far. Did it ever work correctly? While you were working on the boat, were you anywhere near the trim pump, and you pulled a wire loose?

brick

Thanks for the replies folks,

update...

the motor comes on when you push the switch up or down.

The trim worked just fine, during sea trials. This is the only time I've had the boat in the water.

Took it back to the dealer this afternoon, "bad hydraulic valve" dealer is having a the whole pump, motor and valve overnighted to their shop.

Hope to have it in the water this weekend, stay tuned!

Make sure the battery switch is on....mine won't trim without the main switch on....

I'm pretty sure it works with battery switch off mine does and all my boats did, look at the battery should be connected directly to battery or the back of the battery switch where the battery wire connects (positive side)

Update, to update...

picked my 2015 H2o 18' sport up from the dealer today. The power trim is working just fine now.

It seems it was air in the hydraulics.

But of course it's raining this weekend, so I'll have to wait to put her in the water another day.

Also, the dealer gave me a check for $50.00 bucks...after I bitched about a new toy, no working right out of the box.

See y'all on the water!