rbwhiz

Have you been out yet ????

Gonna try this week, while it's not so crowded to iron out any rusty bugs from launching at the ramp. Not even sure if the docks have been put up, yet, but either way she's going in. The transient slip I rented for the season is a couple hundred yards away from the ramp so we'll shoot over there and check into it for a quick pause and checklist and then head out for some cruising. It's beautiful today, 80+ degrees up here and the rest of the week will be in the mid-70's but at the ocean it's probably 10 - 15 degrees less is my guess, and if there's any wind it's worst. The water is somewhere in the 40's yikes!

If the water ain't solid, it's good for boating! Coming from Lake Ontario, 40 isn't bad at all! That was summer high for our water ;)

If the water ain't solid, it's good for boating! Coming from Lake Ontario, 40 isn't bad at all! That was summer high for our water ;)

Boy do I know that's right. In July of '96 I took the family on a week-long campout right on the point at Mackinac, MI. On the second day the kids wanted to go swimming in Lake Michigan so off we went. It was the only time in my life I ever walked on water... getting back on shore after diving in. Yikes was it cold.

Went for a test run yesterday all systems go but showed signs of a bad starter battery. Today bought a new battery took it back at the same and to test everything looks good. Got some cool pics of the Moon rising.

All ready to go: IMG_1616_zpsyk5d3rb3.jpg

Looks like a full moon tonight

IMG_1618_zpshfrv0ri1.jpg

Bimini seems to be off kilter a bit

IMG_1623_zpsxmzbyqtl.jpg

More moon shots:

IMG_1627_zpsd9wuoqb0.jpg

IMG_1629_zpsyyfalxqs.jpg

Nice one!

That was a good one. Classic Joe! "Jim's Buick!" LMFAO!

Got out yesterday, Sunday, had a great time. Boating season 2015 has begun!

Love the color of the Sunesta. Is that the same orange as Roy's or is it darker? Might be getting fooled by the lighting.

Made it out both days this weekend. Saturday was a first real cruise, just the admiral and I. Got to mess with the trolling motor when I wasn't fishing and the H2O ran great. Launched out of I-Bay and Lake Ontario was awesome so we took a 30 minute run down the south shore. Did some floating, enjoyed a cocktail, and caught some sun. A few struggles power loading onto the trailer, being new to that process. Don't have to worry about the first scratch anymore. Doh!

Sunday am was the first fishing excursion at the bay. The lake was like glass at 8 am so we had to take a quick spin out there before settling in to the hunt for monster bass. Managed a few nice ones while getting used to where stuff goes on the new boat. Much better luck loading on Sunday. PHEW! Looks like next weekend is gonna be great too!

43546685-14FF-4009-82E8-65BDE3F2E9FC_zps

9B991DE1-4371-41BC-B2B2-1A96FB0211B2_zps

B8BB4494-E5D6-4740-B5E3-6350BDD40C59_zps

Earliest launch for us in years. Launched the 244 Xtreme today at 154 hours on the engine meter. The boys even got in some wakeboarding/surfing, despite 55F water temps.

Had lunch at a friend's cabin on the lake. Got to take four lovely ladies out whom we'd just met yesterday -- they're staying a week in my buddy's house next door while he's away for the spring months. The lady in the white hat is my wife.

Happy to say no issues with the first run of the season. Engine ran perfectly, repairs over the winter worked (Lenco trim cylinder) and the new scupper valve on the rear cockpit drain worked like a champ at preventing water from coming back into the cockpit through the drain.

Lake Billy Chinook, Central Oregon.

20150503_183540.jpg

Gotta love it when you pickup some stray women on the boat, LOL!

Earliest launch for us in years. Launched the 244 Xtreme today at 154 hours on the engine meter. The boys even got in some wakeboarding/surfing, despite 55F water temps.

Had lunch at a friend's cabin on the lake. Got to take four lovely ladies out whom we'd just met yesterday -- they're staying a week in my buddy's house next door while he's away for the spring months. The lady in the white hat is my wife.

Happy to say no issues with the first run of the season. Engine ran perfectly, repairs over the winter worked (Lenco trim cylinder) and the new scupper valve on the rear cockpit drain worked like a champ at preventing water from coming back into the cockpit through the drain.

20150503_183540.jpg

e-Xtreme, glad to hear your new scupper worked like a charm, less stress than pulling out the thru hull and replacing. You would have been checking the bilge every 5 mins. for a while.

About water dogs in water.

I was watching a overloaded bowrider putt by when, PLOP . The big golden falls / jumps in with no jacket on. Calm people as the boat does a slow circle back to him. Several attempts to lift the dog fail. Dogs head start going up & down under the surface several times..........Now ALL the kids & woman are SCREAMING at the men to save the drowning dog. Head goes down & stays down for maybe 5 seconds ? I am starting my boat to go over & grab neck fur. Finally a young guy jumps in & can barely hold up the dogs head & his own. Another guy jumps in. Both are struggling to keep all mouths above water. Finally someone tosses a line down & The driver STARTS the boat moving forward to speed up getting them to the stern. I look away at the shoreline & quickly start & leave as fast as I can in a No Wake Zone.

I DID NOT want to rescue slashed people by a prop.

DOGS are not made of flotation foam to fall into deep water. Put a jacket on them.

Made it out both days this weekend. Saturday was a first real cruise, just the admiral and I. Got to mess with the trolling motor when I wasn't fishing and the H2O ran great. Launched out of I-Bay and Lake Ontario was awesome so we took a 30 minute run down the south shore. Did some floating, enjoyed a cocktail, and caught some sun. A few struggles power loading onto the trailer, being new to that process. Don't have to worry about the first scratch anymore. Doh!

Sunday am was the first fishing excursion at the bay. The lake was like glass at 8 am so we had to take a quick spin out there before settling in to the hunt for monster bass. Managed a few nice ones while getting used to where stuff goes on the new boat. Much better luck loading on Sunday. PHEW! Looks like next weekend is gonna be great too!

Rich, where do you launch? My last home in NY State was in Ontario in the little neighborhood connected to Bear Creek. There's a great ramp at Bear Creek. We were on the lake there. There were a few guys around the area, including Danny Wegman, (who had a house at the mouth of Bear Creek) that had 100 MPH boats. The ramp there was wide enough to launch a triple engine offshore monster, so sometimes they'd all drop in there and we'd be treated to an off-shore power boat race, right from our living room. It was an amazing sight, and even more amazing set of sounds. A single boat could sound like a pair of top fuel dragsters staged and waiting for the christmas tree to drop. They'd idle out about a quarter mile or so, warming up the engines, then drop the throttles, all heII would break loose. They'd be gone over the horizon in a minute or two. The sound had a life of its own, though, and would hang around for three or four minutes after the boats were out of sight.

That all made me appreciate that a true motor-head's paradise is the water, not the road. The road is a terrible place to have a high performance engine, but in a boat, you can have three of them, and use them to their limits.

The pictures you posted look like Webster shoreline to me, but it's been a while since I lived there and my memory is a little thin.

been out 5-6 times already this season. just got "new to us" cruiser so i could not stay and dock any longer had to go out. 714 hours on this one and 900+ on the old one i sold(which ran like a flipn top) get out and use the boats.......................its a necessary evil. :beer-7687-1::thsmilie_water_119-1:

Went for a test run yesterday all systems go but showed signs of a bad starter battery. Today bought a new battery took it back at the same and to test everything looks good. Got some cool pics of the Moon rising.

All ready to go: IMG_1616_zpsyk5d3rb3.jpg

Looks like a full moon tonight

IMG_1618_zpshfrv0ri1.jpg

Bimini seems to be off kilter a bit

IMG_1623_zpsxmzbyqtl.jpg

More moon shots:

IMG_1627_zpsd9wuoqb0.jpg

IMG_1629_zpsyyfalxqs.jpg

Looking good, Dwayno. Funny how big these boats appear when they're behind their tow vehicles.

20150503_183540.jpg

Man, get that guy out of the picture. :)

Man, get that guy out of the picture. :)

which one, the guy in the tow vehicle............... :funny-7327:

Jmiska,

You are correct!!! Irodequoit Bay! Launched right at the County park near the channel. We cruised East to Webster Park on Saturday. There certainly are some spectacular places along the way. He probably still has a presence on Ontario, but I know for sure that Danny Wegman has some enormous compounds on Canadaigua Lake now. They are simply amazing. There are a few of those style boats kicking around Webster still, with the full covered cockpit, looking like their going 50 mph on the lift. Is awesome to hear them roar to life with huge cams making them just pulsate. Always contemplate the fuel cost for the evening trip down the lake in something like that. What's the old saying? If ya gotta ask, it's too much!

I will have to keep Bear Creek in mind for summertime fishing. We always seem to venture out that way chasing Smallmouths and end up in Sodus or Hughes Marina or Fair Haven. Nice to have more stops available.

Found out the USCG has refused any paid boat rides because the water temperature is below 40 F. Oh well.

The boat goes in this Thusday! Then the fun begins.

The boat goes in this Thusday! Then the fun begins.

We're launching tomorrow too, Ig. :) Gonna be a nice day according to the forecast 81* and this weekend is around 85* for Saturday and 80* for Sunday and you know it's gonna be slammin' jammin' packed out there! Even the ocean won't be big enough this weekend. :D

Looks like tomorrow is launch day for me as well. Today, I'll run the engine to make sure there are no quirks. Transfer all required items onboard. It rained last night so I'm anxcious to climb aboard to see if my leak repair worked.

I made a new cushoin for the cuddy. To sleep on the "upper level" isn't very comfortable. This new cushion will fit in between two sitting areas and create a wider place to sleep. I found an exotic wood company nearby to purchase some teak which will be used as a shelf bracket and will match the existing teak that it will be attached to.

Almost there.

VERY excited to see this in the slip yesterday morning!!

20150505_091055.jpg

When we moved it, we only had about 4 feet of water in the slip. Lake Texoma is now 0.67 feet higher than full pool with lots more watershed rain on the way! Hope to get out on that full lake soon!

Great day on the water yesterday evening. Being able to get 2hrs on the water after work couple of times a week makes the 6mo boating season doable.

E9373560-11A7-4523-9375-79186D97B362_zps

New house going in on the north side of the lake... wow...

5DCE77C5-2011-48FB-A884-95C7E6EA4D7F_zps

I would say the building on the far right is a house. The larger structure......castle? I would like to know how big the family is. And, which stocks he owns!

Nope, still in the barn, haven't even taken the cover off yet. Maybe this weekend...