elkhound11

Can't seem to give it away!

I've had my 1993 Sig29 with trailer for sale for about 6 month now at a selling price of 12,900.00 and can't seem to find anyone interested. I have to say that comes as a surprise being in AZ where the boat can be used almost year round. Yes its a bit of a TLC boat but can still be used and have fun with as is..go figure.

Ok, for the question of the day, I went out last week to show the boat and for what ever reason the macerator pump is running. I have no idea of where the power switch is located ( yes I looked for it first ) so I cut the wire for now. Can anyone tell me what or where to find this switch?

Also,

The last time I was in the water I had no problems raising or lowering the outboards. Now, on the trailer they seem to go down but I can't hear the pump to raise them again so I haven't lowered them all the way. Do they need to be lowered before they can be raised again? Will low battery voltage allow then to go down but not back up?

Ok, one more,

When I was on the water I could tell the trim was working as I could tilt the boat from side to side. I was looking at the trim plates and had my wife run the switch but I don't see or hear anything that would indicate to me that they really work. Do I need to be in the water for this to work? Say with the engines running.

Now, you see why I want to sell the boat, its just more boat than I really needed.

Try the trailer trim button, not the rocker trim switch. If it works, then your trim limit is bad!

Don't know about the rest, but as far as the trim tabs go, I have a 1998 Sig 260. They have an automatic switch built into them that is supposed to raise the tabs when the key is turned off. This switch went bad and was way to expensive to replace. All I had to do was disconnect the harness before the switch and after the switch. Then bypass the switch in question. The connectors were a perfect match. Now all works well. Just have to remember to raise the trim tabs before loading on the trailer. I keep my boat in a slip so I only load and unload once a year. But I have found that trying to back the boat into the slip, or anywhere else, with the trim tabs down causes maneuvering problems. I make it a habit of making sure the trim tabs are raised before attempting any maneuver that involves backing up the boat.

Just remembered, my first boat was a Bayliner. The drive trim and trailer function was always on even if the batteries were turned off. One day I could not raise the drive to put the boat on the trailer. I was able to hot wire the trim pump to raise the drive. After further inspection, I found that the electrical connector at the battery had some corrosion in it. The connection was perfectly tight, but the resistance was so high that there was not sufficient current to run the drive trim pump. Cut off the terminal, cut back the insulation and reattach an new terminal. Problem solved. Sometimes it is the simplest and least obvious things that cause problems.