phills fan

Upper Chesapeake Raft Up Update

39 posts in this topic

Ok all,

August 22nd at Still Pond looks like a go. It will be a grill and chill, starting early afternoon.

39°19'50.6"N 76°08'31.6"W 39.330734, -76.142122

I'm in. We had mentioned Crabs early in the season, but at this point they are terrible, and at $260/Bushel for #1 river crabs, I'll pass. The logical location is at the mouth of Churn Creek on your chart. You will see other boats up in there on the weekend as it's arguably the best hard sand bottom on the bay. By the end of August the water will have a slight hint of salt, but no Jelly Fish. Nice beach for grilling too. Deep water is to starboard as you approach cove, and a substantial sand bar to port for socializing, and for the kids to play in a safe environment. I live here so if an unforeseen mechanical problem pops up, we will get you home.

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/wingnutmfs/BoatDump/fd026f5e-048e-46d8-b20c-71ca64ca7972_zpspudr6tnj.jpg

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/wingnutmfs/BoatDump/1fd39117-0ff9-4a70-a065-a3a934b986bb_zpsrhqgwzux.png

W

f Rock the Bay is that weekend, and Still pond is their 2nd stop, this may get a bit crowded. Just a thought.

http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/component/k2/item/721-2015-rock-the-bay

They raft up in Still Pond creek typically. I looked over their itinerary and they are not stopping here this year. Plenty of room for all at the mouth of Churn Creek anyway. W

I'm looking forward to it.

What should we bring?

Everything and anything you want. This is a survive on your own kind of thing. W

What time are you thinking of getting there? I still may come up even though I am now a Brand Traitor...

OK but don't expect anyone to talk to you. Ha, I', thinking noonish, but all I have to do is walk across the street. Weather looks to be perfect.

I'm here. Where's everybody?

Rafted up along the beach. Really nice group and even a previous owner that traded up to a fly-bridge.

Chopperjon showed up with that beautiful Meridian of his? Niiiiiiiiiice. Hope you guys have a great time!

We did. Great group. We even had a "forum stalker" who only reads the posts but hasn't signed up yet.

I only wish I could have hung out longer.

What a nice group and I'm thinking next year this thing should take on a life of it's own. Now that I know Chopper Jon was a motorcycle thing and not an axe murderer reference, I'm more likely to throw a real party here at the house. W

Wingnut - I just tried to PM you like we discussed, and it have an error saying, member Wingnut cannoyt receive any messages. Either the site's broke or I'm part of the riff raff you (wisely) blocked from PM'ing you.

You can try to PM me and see what happens.

That's a GORGEOUS Meridian, Chopper! Very nice lines and just the right size.

Interesting thing is I'm starting to see (or notice) a lot more Chaparrals in my area but I don't think any of the owners are on this site. There's 3 of them (excluding mine) slipped in my marina and at least 3 more moored in the mooring field, a couple in the next door harbor and quite a few up a bit further north near Gloucester. Besides Iggy and myself, the guy with the 327 in Hingham, Timber51 and another fella (I forget his name) out of Cape Cod there aren't many more locals signed up on this forum to set up a raft day, unfortunately. Sounds like a lot of fun and I enjoy when I see someone I've been communicating with but never seen in person and then there's the old "I thought you looked different"! :D

That's a GORGEOUS Meridian, Chopper! Very nice lines and just the right size.

Interesting thing is I'm starting to see (or notice) a lot more Chaparrals in my area but I don't think any of the owners are on this site. There's 3 of them (excluding mine) slipped in my marina and at least 3 more moored in the mooring field, a couple in the next door harbor and quite a few up a bit further north near Gloucester. Besides Iggy and myself, the guy with the 327 in Hingham, Timber51 and another fella (I forget his name) out of Cape Cod there aren't many more locals signed up on this forum to set up a raft day, unfortunately. Sounds like a lot of fun and I enjoy when I see someone I've been communicating with but never seen in person and then there's the old "I thought you looked different"! :D

They won't talk to us unless we came over on the Mayflower. New England thing....

They won't talk to us unless we came over on the Mayflower. New England thing....

Hahaha, I love it when you're in a fresh mood and away from all the serious and awesome and priceless advice. @#$^#^ that New England thing I'm sure it's a common misconception. Any of you'd who would trek up this way I'd throw the red floating carpet for you are you kidding me. But yeah, there is that bit of snootiness here and there but I suppose that's common in many areas.

We have great islands off Boston harbor and think of all the location on the vast peninsula that is Cape Cod for some AMAZING raft-ups! Too bad everyone just wants to do their own thing on precious weekends, I guess.

I'm gonna be trailering a boat from Maryland to FLA next ween in the new dually so it'll get me some experience as to what it's like to move the 276 to other places and maybe we'll come down and join you guys next year. I don't mind doing these kinda things, got the proper equipment for it and the rest is just sheer will.

Did J-Dog show up? That's Jimt btw with that exceptional Sea Ray 470.

Hahaha, I love it when you're in a fresh mood and away from all the serious and awesome and priceless advice. @#$^#^ that New England thing I'm sure it's a common misconception. Any of you'd who would trek up this way I'd throw the red floating carpet for you are you kidding me. But yeah, there is that bit of snootiness here and there but I suppose that's common in many areas.

We have great islands off Boston harbor and think of all the location on the vast peninsula that is Cape Cod for some AMAZING raft-ups! Too bad everyone just wants to do their own thing on precious weekends, I guess.

I'm gonna be trailering a boat from Maryland to FLA next ween in the new dually so it'll get me some experience as to what it's like to move the 276 to other places and maybe we'll come down and join you guys next year. I don't mind doing these kinda things, got the proper equipment for it and the rest is just sheer will.

Did J-Dog show up? That's Jimt btw with that exceptional Sea Ray 470.

I did capital construction for Mobil Oil in East Boston and know a thing about the area. Good people one and all. If you do decide to tow south, know that you can launch here and drop your rig at my place and not have to worry about it. W

It was a good time and great to meet the people from the forum. Surprisingly it seems that a lot of boat owners do not go on their boat brand forums. Same thing with Meridian. See a few around but don't see them on the forums. There is a chappy on my pier but I have not had a chance to talk with him to see if he follows the forum. The weekend after we bought our Meridian there was a rendezvous right in Inner Harbor Baltimore, which is exactly where we actually picked up the boat. There were 11 boats that showed up, with 3 that came from Wrightsville Beach, NC. They made a 2 week trip out of it. When departing Henderson's Marina we did a Meridian Parade through the Inner Harbor.

Would be nice to seem more boats show up but it was a little rough yesterday. We ended up anchoring last night in Fairlee Creek and had a real smooth ride home this morning back to Middle River.

I did capital construction for Mobil Oil in East Boston and know a thing about the area. Good people one and all. If you do decide to tow south, know that you can launch here and drop your rig at my place and not have to worry about it. W

East Boston is notoriously hard working Italian/Irish neighborhood that does have a reputation for a bit of craziness, not because of heritage but because it's just that type of neighborhood. My wife would despise going there for our son's hockey tournament because the parents would take it so seriously and behave 10 times worst than the kids and there would be brawls between parents from both sides but most would be instigated from the East Boston crowd. Nah, we're not talking you anywhere near that fear not. :)

Thanks for the kind offer that's the 2nd time you have extended that courtesy to this kid so I appreciate it very much so. We'll see how this terrific haul goes and then decide about next year, especially if Bill and Chopper Jon will be there! :)

East Boston is notoriously hard working Italian/Irish neighborhood that does have a reputation for a bit of craziness, not because of heritage but because it's just that type of neighborhood. My wife would despise going there for our son's hockey tournament because the parents would take it so seriously and behave 10 times worst than the kids and there would be brawls between parents from both sides but most would be instigated from the East Boston crowd. Nah, we're not talking you anywhere near that fear not. :)

Thanks for the kind offer that's the 2nd time you have extended that courtesy to this kid so I appreciate it very much so. We'll see how this terrific haul goes and then decide about next year, especially if Bill and Chopper Jon will be there! :)

If not we will go to them. 40 minutes from here. W

If not we will go to them. 40 minutes from here. W

Sounds good but....

HG - I'll be there buddy :)

After picking up Drew's boat from Edgewater and taking it down to Stuart and driving an empty trailer all the way back up to Boston non-stop, I don't even want to think about trailering a boat for even the length of the driveway, at the moment at least and this makes me sick to my stomach because I have to haul ours out of the marina to wash the bottom which has left the worst color line I have ever seen it have to this point. So I have to deal with that but trailering any boat any long distance is nothing I want to discuss at the current moment to tell you the truth LOL! Actually, to your area wasn't bad, it was after that and the rest of the southern states that just seemed to never end.