Captain Chappy

River Rats

+1 on Dennis' comments.

Table Rock Lake is our favorite lake destination and we go there every year. Never had any problems on that lake at all. I does get busy around Indian Point and Kimberling City on the weekends, but nothing I have never been able to handle, even when I had my 17 ft. boat.

I haven't been to LOTO for a few years now. When we have gone in the past for extended weekends we have gone down to the Niangua and Little Niangua Arms. Water is a bit quieter down there. It also gets quieter west of the Hurricane Deck Bridge on the Osage Arm. Friday mornings and early afternoons were the best times on the water. Once you get to Friday evening, all heck breaks loose.

Don't take your boat to the Shootout. To many other big boats around and you will get rocked!!

You should look into a trip to Table Rock. Beautiful lake, good water for our size range. The only problem is that here are a lot of family run resorts down there who want weekly rentals. We prefer to do a long weekend. There is a newer hotel in Kimberling City that will do daily rentals. It's part of the Port of Kimberling Resort, Marina, and Campground. Just do a search for POK Kimberling City MO. It is a newer hotel so it is one of the nicest places in the area which means it fills up fast for the summer. Last year we did do a weekend down there in late August and we did get in pretty easily. The lake was less crowded then, too. Schools were already back in session.

Pics from TR. Anchored in a cove with our floating chairs and docked at The Port Grill at Campbell Point Marina.

IMAG0105_zps27110f3d.jpg

IMAG0114_zps851c1a2c.jpg

Rivers are going down. Rain in the forecast again this week, though. Please don't rain too much. 5.gif

We are done with the river for the season. I just don't see the crap that is floating around going anywhere anytime soon. I am also tired of scrubbing the mud off of my gel cost. 😫

We have resorted to Carlyle since the higher water makes it not as shallow and we have actually taken the 4 hour drive to table rock 4 times this season already. I think we have decided to find a condo to purchase there. I just love it so much there.

We are going down to Kinkaid Lake on Saturday. It's usually not affected too much from rainfall. Hoping to get out on the river on Sunday the 19th. There is a band playing that day at The Boathouse that we really like.

Hang in there xpsmax.. I hate those long truck rides hauling what feels like an elephant. The rest of traffic flying past me at 75/80 mph while I'm trolling at 57. Trying to keep my old chevy half ton from slipping into overdrive. Especially when what I really enjoy is only 20 minutes away (a little closer at the moment). Whats the name of the band tom? What kind of music do they play?

They are Rogers and Neinhaus, just two guys.They are from the East Alton area and are very good acoustic players. They are also part of a CSN and a Byrds cover band. There are some videos of them on Youtube that people have taken of them playing around the area. They don't do them too much justice, though. People talking, etc. Here's one, Hawg Pit in Grafton, some Firefall.......

Out on the Mississippi Alton Pool on 8-8. The river is finally back in it's banks but the harbor areas are still really trashed. There is alot of debris and muddy water trapped within them. The Nina and Pinta were docked in Grafton IL. No sign of Christopher "C" though. :D

IMAG0759_zpstu9y6edv.jpg

The Admiral and I getting a closer look.

20150808_122008_zpsem2m8gqq.jpg

Tied up in the harbor of one of our favorite riverside eateries. I was the only one with an I/O brave enough to slip through the narrow and shallow channel in the background to get in. :rolleyes:

The depth sounder stopped reading. It couldn't "see" the bottom due to the muddy water.

IMAG0766_zpsfgdwxiwg.jpg

IMAG0765_zpsjqvizyp5.jpg

Was back out on the river this past Sunday with my cousin and his wife. Water is clearing up, especially in the harbor areas. All of the restaurants are open again and the parasail operation was up and running again. Hopefully these businesses can make the most of this flood shortened boating season. We also got one more look at the Nina and Pinta before they left. We will be back out this weekend doing our part to help out the river economy. :oregonian_winesmiley:

Anyone go to Shelbyville lake or Clinton lake or Kentucky lake. We usually go to Clinton lake. It's about 1:20 minutes from us. We do allot of trailering. Lake Cumberland and Port Clinton on Lake Erie.

Anyone go to Shelbyville lake or Clinton lake or Kentucky lake. We usually go to Clinton lake. It's about 1:20 minutes from us. We do allot of trailering. Lake Cumberland and Port Clinton on Lake Erie.

Haven't been to Shelbyville since I was a kid, but we plan to go back soon. We frequent Clinton Lake and the Illinois River between Peoria and Lacon out of convenience. The ease of trailering my boat is one of the aspects I love about it. Once a year we try to go to LOTO and Table Rock.

Maybe we can all get together for a day at Lake Shelbyville this summer. I haven't been there in a few years and have been wanting to go back for awhile.

Cool. Maybe we can all work on a summer date sometime in late spring.

Right now we are looking at the possibility of the second weekend in August (13,14) or the last weekend in August (27,28) which is the weekend before Labor Day weekend.

June and July are getting pretty booked up.