rrjoy11

Your Boats Name & Why

1537411_10202332201560061_336863153_o.jp

sorry for the size.....well, Boat name, well kind of self explanatory, lol.......grateful dead tune actually

Named ours "phantom". When looking at boats my option was to buy a dgi phantom drone or put the down payment on the boat. I obviously chose the boat. That and the gray boat and our personalities fit with the phantom. Hasn't actually been put on the boat yet but it will be once I figure out where it looks good.

I grew up on a small island in the middle of the Mediterranean called Malta. MY family moved to the U.S. when I was 8 years old. One of the most beautiful places there is called the blue grotto. The water has a teal color that looks like it's illuminated. My previous boat, a 1993 Four Winns 245 Vista was white and teal named "The Blue Grotto". Since our new boat is blue, it just seemed right to call her "The Blue Grotto II". My friend is making the name for us and I asked him to put the American flag inside a Maltese Cross to always remind me of my heritage, and to be proud to be able to live in the best country on earth.

Doug, thanx. Now I see...... Name fits, so I won't consider changing it now.

Actaully just watched a video by "Earthstudy" on Youtube and it hit's the nail on the head....

This is turning into a really great thread!

Jewel D'Nile, my wife grew up a few years in Eygpt.

Wow, very cool. My home country. :) What years was she there and did she go to CAC?

We had a fair amount of difficulty with this subject. I'm thankful that I don't have a reason to show tribute to anyone close to us (for obvious reasons), although we have great respect for those of you who do. All the names we came up with just never caught on and stuck when we started using them in conversation. Last winter we finally settled on "SeaSaw". I sell industrial saws for a living.

"E2" because my 12 year old and 3 year old's names begin with E. They love that the boat is named after them which is as it should be as I purchased the boat for memories I could make with them!

"Mi Paulina"

Named after my Girl Friend of 26 years. I actually bought the boat for her birthday. She was out of town visiting our daughter and I had it sitting in front of the house when I picked her up from the airport. She freaked :)

When the time comes we would like to retire somewhere along The Gulf coast. Now we only get there a couple of times a year in the summer. So we are just Summer Salts.

Summer Salts - I like that one. I thought about "Salty Princess", since there are a few up here who have dubbed the Admiral royalty, as such, but we decided against it in the end. Maybe when we move up...

Summer Salts - I like that one. I thought about "Salty Princess", since there are a few up here who have dubbed the Admiral royalty, as such, but we decided against it in the end. Maybe when we move up...

We have alot of Salt Life T-shirts and hats and stuff. I kind of like the message it conveys. That was also part of the reason for the name. BTW, neither one of us are gymnasts. :haha-7383:

As much time as I spend with the boat, The Admiral says we should have named it Salt Wife. :slap:

Monkey Sea is named after my 1st daughter. When she was born, I had never seen a baby with so much hair so my 1st words were "holy crap, we just had a monkey!!!" Comes from my Italian wife!! :D

That's hilarious, cause those were my exact words to myself when the NICU nurse pointed out our son to me 8.5 years ago! He was born early by emergency c-section so I wasn't in the room and he went straight to the NICU (Neo-natal ICU). My wife wasn't allowed to see him until she could support herself in a wheelchair which didn't happen until about 24 hours later, so I went by myself to see him. Walked in and walked past a few incubators until we got around the corner and the nurse says "That one is yours there". I swear the first thing that went through my head was "Holy crap, we had a monkey!" and the only person with me would not have appreciated my humor if I had said it out loud.

As for our boat name, we struggled, but settled on 'Harmony and Buoys' since my wife's middle name is Harmony and once we hit the water, we're all in a good mood. Plus it's her, me and our 2 sons (and at the time, even our dog was a boy), so when we go out it's her and the boys (bouys).

E2 (small raised decals like the lettering on the boat number, most don't notice them)

We bought the boat for our two kids; Ellis (12) and Elise (3), thus the E2.

While on a bare boat charter in the BVIs, saw this boat name and thought it was amusing:

Cool%20boat%20name_zpseyxggucs.jpeg

Note that the boat name was changed and as many know, contractors make their real money on change orders. Perhaps that was how the boat was financed.

Inconceivable

The meaning is two fold:

1. The amount of Grace and Blessing Jesus has shown me and my family is inconceivable.

2. One of our family movies is "The Princess Bride" There is a funny line that goes: Inconceivable! You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

While on a bare boat charter in the BVIs

I have chartered out of Tortola with The Moorings on a few occasions.

I just bought an '02 265SSI.

We are kicking around names. We enjoy a cocktail now and again and are considering "CHAPPY HOUR"

Last boat was "SUMMER SLED" because my wife and I are avid snowmobilers.

Pops,

Look up the lyrics to "Cool Change" by the Little River Band. That's probably why your boat is named the way it is.

Doug

Doug, thanx. Now I see...... Name fits, so I won't consider changing it now.

Actaully just watched a video by "Earthstudy" on Youtube and it hit's the nail on the head....

Sure does. I vaguely remembered the song, but checking out the lyrics, it's so dead on I'm surprised we don't see it more often.