Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brianbev

Stereo system issue

9 posts in this topic

I have an 07' 290 Signature. On board is a Clarion stereo system, and RCA amp. There are two speakers in the cabin, and a sub-woofer and two more speakers up on deck. No problems last year.......taken out of storage this year, sub-woofer and two rear speakers do not work. When you rotate the Fader button, we get full sound in the cabin, but zero up top. Local car stereo place suggested fuses in the amp might be bad. Checked the two fuses at the back of the amp, they are fine. Any idea's ?

Brian

While checking the amp's fuses, did you notice if there were any lights on? There should be a power light indicating the amp is powered up and in normal mode. There also may be a 2nd light that indicates its in fault mode or the single light may just change to red. The amps main B+ should have some form of circuit protection where it comes off the source. I would find and check it.

Thank you........I've discovered that there is in fact is power to the amp, from the source to the unit, and the fault light is not on. I stopped at a stereo shop, they suggested I pull the amp, and bring it into them to check out. Let's hope the amp did not fail ??

thanks for your response

The "power" from the source unit is only a turn-on signal. The amp still need a battery NEG (B-) and battery POS (B+) in order to come on. That amp B+ should have some form of circuit protection, either a fuse or better yet, a breaker. If you can test those two circuits prior to pulling the amp, you will accomplish what the stereo shop can do, but without the time invested in actually pulling the amp.

YEP!

Always start with the simplest. Its too easy to check than work your way back depending on the setup.