Sign in to follow this  
DavidBonney

cabin door stuck?

We have a 2000 Signature 240 and the cabin door got pushed in too far (too open) and is now stuck so we can't close/lock the door. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the door back on track? Thanks!

Normally you pull from somewhere near the lock to close but try pulling from the top just to get it started.

Thanks but it is still off the track. I feel like I have tried all angles but can't seem to get it back in the track. Only other option seems to be to take windshield off, then entire dash piece to get to the track. That is what I am trying to avoid if anyone out there has any tricks of the trade to get it back on track?????

Can you post a pic or two? Better yet, also post a video where someone holds the phone while you demonstrate the situation and what you've tried.

I have a 2003 Sig 260 but there may be similarities between the tracks. I was the second owner, and one of the tracks on my door was broken when I bought it. I didn't know that was the problem until I went to repair it. I have a lot of experience tearing down the door on the 260 and maybe I can offer advice to you. I can't know for sure if I don't see something. I'm sure others might be thinking the same thing. If I can get a look at your issue maybe I can go post some pics of mine and offer some advice.

Sorry. In the meantime, best of luck, man.

Two sets of hands. Top set leans door aft, bottom set lifts door vertically. Tug and shake/wiggle until it moves. If the wheels are off you have to jiggle the top to get them back in track. Bottom wheels might squeeze out on or off track. Once its out a little there are adjust screws on the bottom, so when you can reach them lossenning them might expedite the whole process.

Sorry for the very long delay in getting back to you all and thanks for the responses/feedback. Here are some photos and videos to try to better explain the situation. Any/all comments/suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Try opening the fuse block access door under the helm, on my 2003 240 I can see the door through there. You can also try removing the switch panel or the instrument cluster panel. That opens up access to the door while its in the open position. You might be able to determine what is causing it to stick then.

Hello togehter,

my name ist Norbert from germany.

The stopper is the problem. He is gone and the litte screw that holds him makes trouble now.

I tried a long time and at the end the door was back in their running rail.

I removed door and rail and fixed the stopper in a more stable way.

Sorry for my english :blush:

post-45713-0-18770200-1440927683_thumb.j

Good afternoon. Apparently the stopper on my track is missing as well. That explains why it comes off of the track as often as it does.

My solution: I took a wire hangar and I folded it in half (or close to). At the half, I folded it over into a hook. It allows me to reach the door from behind the helm but at the top of the door. From the cabin entrance, I can pull from the top of the door with my left hand and I can push from the bottom of the door with my right hand. I jostle it around and then it goes back on the trac. No need to start tearing things apart. Let us know even though Im hoping that your issue is already solved.

On 7/13/2015 at 11:53 PM, McLindy said:

Can you post a pic or two? Better yet, also post a video where someone holds the phone while you demonstrate the situation and what you've tried.

I have a 2003 Sig 260 but there may be similarities between the tracks. I was the second owner, and one of the tracks on my door was broken when I bought it. I didn't know that was the problem until I went to repair it. I have a lot of experience tearing down the door on the 260 and maybe I can offer advice to you. I can't know for sure if I don't see something. I'm sure others might be thinking the same thing. If I can get a look at your issue maybe I can go post some pics of mine and offer some advice.

Sorry. In the meantime, best of luck, man.

I have a 2002 260 having this problem.  The rounded sliding track knob wont stay in the holder on the bottom of the door at the front of the door.  If you stick it under the door closes smoothly, but slides off as soon as you open door.  How do I fix this?