Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cvems0103

Help....listing boat

2 posts in this topic

First off, I am new here so please excuse bear with me...OK I just bought a 1998 2330 Sport bowrider...boat is in good condition, engine runs good, a few things need work, but anyway here is my problem....when the boat is docked it lists to the right, underway the lean gets worse, if I stand on the rear platform, left side, the boat levels out. I took a 70 lb sandbag and placed it in the. Rear under the bench seat...made the lean completely worse, almost like it felt it would tip...moved the sandbag to the storage locker...lean & ride was better...lastly moved the weight to the under seat storage at the front of the boat...lean & ride was improved...minimal water in the bilge, bottom of boat painted last year, no signs of damage.

Anyone have or know of this problem & potential solutions??? It's really driving me crazy

Is there a chance it is waterlogged? I had an 89 Sea Ray with some rot and when I took out the bad wood, It drained water out for days. I hate to speculate but is it possible that the boat was left uncovered with the plug in and parked at an angle where water could collect and saturate the structure? I really hope not but It might explain your problem. Perhaps a moisture meter from the home center would help check this.