Towable Recommendation!!

Does anybody have a good recommendation of what towable I should buy? I will gladly spend a little more money for the towable to not go flat and get a new hole after a season of use.

I have seen one called the Big Mable that people seem to enjoy. I saw another called the Paparazzi. Please give me a good reliable towable to buy.

Doug

We have had the best luck with O'Brian tubes over the years. We use the normal size screamer and use 2 at a time and have tube battles. They take abuse pretty well. I have 3 that I have had for 8 years or so. If you are looking for a multi person tube they make the super screamer. I had one of these but they are just too big for what we like to do, so I sold it. The larger tubes will not skim as well when swinging the riders out. But if you primarily pull young kids who like to ride together the super screamer is probably the way to go.

We have had the best luck with O'Brian tubes over the years. We use the normal size screamer and use 2 at a time and have tube battles. They take abuse pretty well. I have 3 that I have had for 8 years or so. If you are looking for a multi person tube they make the super screamer. I had one of these but they are just too big for what we like to do, so I sold it. The larger tubes will not skim as well when swinging the riders out. But if you primarily pull young kids who like to ride together the super screamer is probably the way to go.

+1 on the O'Brian ones. We have one that is nearly 20 years old. Keep it out of the sun and they seem to last forever.

We have the paparazzi. KIDS ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! Adult kids love trying to flip it and hold on. Inflates with the manufacturer issued pump in about 30 minutes. Stores in our ski locker or under seat storage. It's a little heavy to just pick up so pick a good storage spot. We've had it for three seasons and lots of on the water hours.

Kids (7-19 y/o) can stand up no problem. Easy to get out of the wake. No chaffing of elbows or knees. We are always "checked out" for the uniqueness of the look. Two rope positions for different control by a single rider. Easy to get on in the water.

We went through about 6 until the kids settled on this. It has my vote.

When my son and his friends were little, they liked the "sit in" style tube. This one is branded SeaDoo (prob made by some other company). this tube lasted 3-4 seasons.

We now have a flat "lay on" style that has the sides angled up. 2 season and holding up well. Purchased at West Marine (forget the brand).

kidstubing.jpg

We have the Super Mable. It is a great towable. Only trouble was it got pinched last year getting it out of the back of my 246 SSI. Needed to patch it. Make sure all the air is out before you store it in your boat. Other than that it is a great towable and very stable.

I have an O'Brien Le Tube, that we boat for my 1995 Chap 1930. We used it again yesterday. 20 years out of a tube. That's amazing. Now if it's a water toy, or vest, or like product and O'Brien makes a version of it, I'll buy the O'Brien. They more than earned it.

We have the paparazzi. KIDS ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! Adult kids love trying to flip it and hold on. Inflates with the manufacturer issued pump in about 30 minutes. Stores in our ski locker or under seat storage. It's a little heavy to just pick up so pick a good storage spot. We've had it for three seasons and lots of on the water hours.

Kids (7-19 y/o) can stand up no problem. Easy to get out of the wake. No chaffing of elbows or knees. We are always "checked out" for the uniqueness of the look. Two rope positions for different control by a single rider. Easy to get on in the water.

We went through about 6 until the kids settled on this. It has my vote.

Just picked up a paparazzi as well. Kid's say it best towable we have had the Love it.

We have the HO SPORTS DELTA 4 TUBE right now and love it. Holds 3-4 people and each have their own "compartment" and handles. Sides slightly up to enable good side to side motion.

:popcorn:

Another good one we've had in the past is the Airhead Viper 3.

i remember in the past if tubes went lame, we would fine old black truck/tractor tubes you can buy for a few bucks. Find some that were the same size as the original tube and replace, those would never go flat. Just make the valve stem point down, rap in a rag then put it in the cover.

Glad to see this thread...I feel the need to praise the FUN we have on our Airhead. Now, I know others have said that Airheads seams come apart quickly, but we are on the 2 season with ours, and its still going strong.

We got tired of the same ol, same ol so I went looking for a steerable option (see the fins on the side). We settled on the Airhead RIP. Its much more fun than just simply being drug behind the boat. You can actually make your own fun by going side to side and catching a little air as you cross the wake. Its not like knee boarding air, but fun nonetheless. Captain only has to drive straight...the tuber does all the work. WE LOVE IT!

Resize2_zpsllawzzua.jpg