MonkeySeaII

Any new establishments

5 posts in this topic

Heading to LKN this week for our annual summer vacation. Any new establishments on the lake? We weren't there last summer. Anything else new on the lake?

What's new is I'm not there. Moved out 18 months ago but Chris is still holding the fort down at LKN. Hope you have a great time and the weather cooperates.

I'm on the lake now. I moved here full time a couple of months ago.

The lake is a little on the low side right now. One of the shoals doesn't even need a sign because you can see it. There is construction on the 150 bridge that will be a minor inconvenience for boating but a major one if you need to drive over it. Some road backups will cost you an hour of idle/creep because it's single lane only.

I can't say from your perspective if anyplace is new since they're all new to me but with the cost of property, I doubt you'll ever see a new restaurant or bar. I like Port City the best so far followed by the Blue Parrot. The Rusty Rudder is always good if you like loud, crazy and live music. Best gas price by far is the Westport Marina. I just paid $3.65 for 89 non ethanol a few days ago. Non-ethanol at the road stations is $3.29 to $3.39 so no more gas cans for me (for as long as they keep that price gap that close!). And they're open 7 days a week till 7 or 8 pm.

Don't nominate me for "Admiral" or any rank for that matter. I test drove a Chap 246SSI last year followed by a Manitou triple pontoon with a 250hp and it beat the Chap up pretty bad. But instead of buying the Manitou I ended up with a Bennington thinking it would perform as well and I'm left a little disappointed so I'm looking at Chap again. Maybe I'll try a Sunesta or their new jet boat. Either way, the only rank I qualify for is maybe "Joker." I always wanted a fiberglass boat but I went with being "practical" instead of following my gut so here I am. I can fix it though. The Bennies are very popular and I have a good configuration so I should be able to correct my mistake by next season.

We can meet up and you can show me your Chappy though. It's nice to see them used and not sitting on the showroom floor. I'm way up D channel, almost to the Williamson Road Bridge. That reminds me . . . this might be new for you: Vinny's is gone. It's now Eddie's and it's more high end. I've heard some people are disappointed because they miss the laid back atmosphere and cheap seafood Vinny's offered. Still no dock though.

Hey Nautical, sorry I missed your post till now when I'm back home. Port City is new to us and we loved it. Went there several times. We also went to the Parrot a couple times and they have good food. Didn't hit the Rudder mainly because we have young kids and it's not a real kid friendly place. We also went to Eddies and the service was disappointing.

My buddy just bought a Manitou tri-toon with a 150 Evinrude. He's very happy with it. I test drove a new Chap 277 and really loved it but the cost is too hard to justify considering my 256 is pristine.

The 150 bridge was a pain for us because it's between the house and the supermarket! And yes, the lake is pretty low right now. But we loved our trip as usual and will be back again next year!!