Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Expat

Put some miles on the 256 this month

3 posts in this topic

Been some time (years!) since I have posted on this forum, the reason being I guess is because I have so many other irons in the fire and have had very few issues with my Chap. Anyway, over the weekend of the 4th of July I finally completed a a round trip I have been wanting to do for years. I had done it all before in various pieces but never to the extent I wanted without the hull leaving the water. I launched the boat in Slidell, LA and traveled across the Mississippi Sound rolling the ICW to Gulf Shores Alabama. I had a condo rented with a boat slip there over the holiday and we enjoyed daily trips around the beautiful Orange Beach area.. Then on the morning of the 4th we loaded up (all 9 of us) and made the run over the Destin, Florida for the day and back that afternoon. The later is about a 2.5 hour run each way. The trip across the MS Sound going over was rough and I averaged less than 25 MPH and it took a solid 5 hours. The 4 of us that made the trip felt accomplished but were pretty tired. Going back across however was a dream day. The water was smooth and we averaged 40 MPH and actually beat the ones driving back home and made it in less than 3 hours. The boat traveled 545 miles total in the water on this trip alone! I also made 2 separate trips from Bay St. Louis to Ship Island and back so the total miles I put on this boat is right at 750 for this month. This is the 9th boating season on the 256 since I bought her in 2007 and she just seem to be getting better as time rolls along.

Here is a video of towards the end of the day on the trip back from Destin during a rain storm. Needless to say the crew was having a great time!

Great job. I may need to trade my family and friends in for new. I'm always solo for anything longer than 1hr trip, let alone a 5 hour!