Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmiska

Two 14 year old boys are lost out of Jupiter Inlet- BOTLO

41 posts in this topic

Well, the stuff Still Crazy or Retlaw was talking about was no joke, ey? How many boats do you suppose drove by them with the hatch off and noticed they were in trouble in a bad spot and didn't blink an eye to help, kinda like what Retlaw said about SF people "Don't ruin my day with your problem especially if you're some pair of young punks"? So as sensitive as his statement might be, it probably held a lot of truth to it and this could be the result of such insensitivity which seems to run rampant in the Florid boating community. IF... that is the case because that hatch could've easily ended up open on its own once the boat was in the water but it sure makes you think abouthow boating in FLA is like people are so not willing to help you for the sake of ruining their day! Shheeeeesh people suck!

Dude, people in Florida are not like that at all. LOL except the a-holes in the huge yachts putting out tidal waves, everyone waves and is ready to help people in distress. Also, sea tow and boat us are so prevalent that I don't know how they didn't respond to a potential distress call, which leads me to believe they didn't have time to make one or that they were too far out to sea.

Hey listen, I'm just saying what might have happened depending on that open hatch and relaying it to what Retlaw said that didn't make a lot of people on his board very happy, but could there me any truth to that? Just sayin' that's all.

It is a sad story.

On a side note though, those boat flings look awesome. I want so bad to drive my boat to the Bahamas. It is not even reasonable how much I want to do it. These look like it may be a reality.

It is a sad story.

On a side note though, those boat flings look awesome. I want so bad to drive my boat to the Bahamas. It is not even reasonable how much I want to do it. These look like it may be a reality.

Let me know if and when you sign up, I'd be down as well especially once I get my cuddy. Just make sure you have a bow cover with a tube under it and also have spare parts!

Hatem, don't lose your faith in humanity, bro. Yes, there are people out there who will pass you by on the water. They are usually the same people who don't belong on the water in the first place, and are so clueless that it never even dawns on them that you might be in trouble, because they don't even comprehend what can go wrong. They're the people who move to Florida and buy a boat because, hey, that looks like fun. Regarding Walt's point, a disproportionate number of them seem to land in SW Florida.

On the other hand, there is a tremendous community of true boaters, as well, and they are out in staggering force trying to find and rescue these kids. Captains and boat owners are running grids in the ocean. People are walking beaches. There are several private planes owned by boaters who are running all-day search patterns (at their own expense). It's a real showing of the goodness of most people. No matter how this turns out, people have truly done all that could be done to help these guys, that's for sure.

Will do Drew. I'd love to commit to one of the early ones next year, but we are thinking about moving so I'll have to wait and see. It will happen and will keep you in mind and let you know when I start making plans.

Will do Drew. I'd love to commit to one of the early ones next year, but we are thinking about moving so I'll have to wait and see. It will happen and will keep you in mind and let you know when I start making plans.

Sounds good!

I read AP posted a story that the Coast Guard ceased efforts in their search followed by the Coast Guard posting a response stating the AP story was not true and the search was ongoing. The parents hang on to hope letting us know the boys are strong and that they did not have permission to be out of the local waterways and on the open ocean. IMO it is shaping up to be a tragedy of innocent adventure gone wrong.

Hatem, don't lose your faith in humanity, bro. Yes, there are people out there who will pass you by on the water. They are usually the same people who don't belong on the water in the first place, and are so clueless that it never even dawns on them that you might be in trouble, because they don't even comprehend what can go wrong. They're the people who move to Florida and buy a boat because, hey, that looks like fun. Regarding Walt's point, a disproportionate number of them seem to land in SW Florida.

On the other hand, there is a tremendous community of true boaters, as well, and they are out in staggering force trying to find and rescue these kids. Captains and boat owners are running grids in the ocean. People are walking beaches. There are several private planes owned by boaters who are running all-day search patterns (at their own expense). It's a real showing of the goodness of most people. No matter how this turns out, people have truly done all that could be done to help these guys, that's for sure.

That's great to hear, Joe. No worries my good brother, I haven't lost faith in humanity, (just yet anyway lol) and I sure hope they miraculously find those two kids. There is a stat I can't remember off the top of my head and could look it up in seconds but am too #%^$&%$ed lazy about survive-ability factor after certain amount of time and it just doesn't look good. But one thing I like that the parents said was that these kids were strong and that would go a long ways when it comes to something like this.

I've watched the tread on the "THT" forum. Don't have Facebook so that's a blessing for me. I feel for the parents of these boys. I'm not going to lay blame on anybody because looking back at my childhood we did way to many things that my parents knew about and some that they had no clue that we did. Some we're pretty sketchy and could have resulted in the same outcome of Lost At Sea. I think these two boys were living life to its fullest. They weren't inside sitting on a couch playing video games living life looking at a computer screen. I commend all the people willing to spend time looking for them. If we were in that area we would most likely be looking as well.

God Bless boys. One day we will meet and you can tell your story of what really happened.

I've watched the tread on the "THT" forum. Don't have Facebook so that's a blessing for me. I feel for the parents of these boys. I'm not going to lay blame on anybody because looking back at my childhood we did way to many things that my parents knew about and some that they had no clue that we did. Some we're pretty sketchy and could have resulted in the same outcome of Lost At Sea. I think these two boys were living life to its fullest. They weren't inside sitting on a couch playing video games living life looking at a computer screen. I commend all the people willing to spend time looking for them. If we were in that area we would most likely be looking as well.

God Bless boys. One day we will meet and you can tell your story of what really happened.

Well said

+1. This story has affected a lot of people in a way that most news stories never will. I think what you said is one of the big reasons. These were good kids out living life. Many of us saw ourselves and our own kids in them in a way that hits home with tremendous force. God bless those boys and their families.