AdamG2

More moderators?

6 posts in this topic

It would be nice if there were some additional moderators or people with additional permissions to be able to deal with spam and all the duplicate posts that are happening.

Since it is a manufacturer owned website, my guess is any moderators are going to be Chap employees which won't solve the problems on the weekends. I think webbie does a good job cleaning up during normal business hours. To get any better would be to deputize a non-company employee. I think we've accepted it as just a part of this forum based off the fact it's a free perk from Chaparral to host it. The multi post thing is a forum issue and gets frustrating that it hasn't been solved, but people are working around it.

Completely understand, it would just be nice if a few of the more senior members could hide SPAM, etc until Webbie or others could look into it.

Maybe we can get the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. No Posts For You... He would likely ban 90% of my stuff and Cyclops? Oh Well...

As it was said already ... it is a corporate website not a hobbyist managed site. I have never seen a corporate website/forums moderated by members of the public. Conflict of interest galore, potential for PR disaster, no disciplinary recourse for malfeasance, etc.

Think about it ... would you like a co-commuter you see and talk with at the same bus stop for years to manage any aspect of your business in any capacity in your absence?