Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mullhaupt

226ssi

21 posts in this topic

Our dealer is offering a 2015 226 ssi for a great deal went to chap site and added everything up with all the options and it came to 82k there offering it for 63.5k I HAVE A H2019S love it but wondered if this was really worth the money and if its a big upgrade , it comes with the volvo motor which i'm not familiar with, is this really a good motor?also why does it have dual batteries all I was looking for was some good input before I put a deposit on it on monday. here are some of the options

volvo penta 5.7sx

table with side mount bases

elite package(depth gauge,transom tilt switch/stereo, docking lights,8 pulp cleats,ss speaker covers,bow scuff plate,anchor,pre bucket seats,later steering wheel,snap in out carpet,air pump,bow/cockpit covers,bow filler cushion,logo swim mat,dual battery w/ crossover switch,fire extinguisher system

perfect pass

velocity tower w board racks

Thanks for the input

I tested a 226 a few weeks ago. If it had a 5.7 in it I probably would have bought it. Very roomy. Planed quickly with their extended hull Very smooth in some nasty chop. High quality boat, well put together. But it only had a single prop 270 Volvo and if in gonna pony up for a new boat it's gonna have some punch out of the hole, and this boat lacked that so I passed on it. I may end up with a 226 if I find another I like with the bigger power plant.

The h2o looks like a quality boat to me. But I think the ssi is a significant step up in interior appointment and has a GREAT swim platform. I was pretty impressed with the wake tower/ Bimini setup as well. It felt very solid.

Your pricing seemed pretty similar to what I was offered, so I think u could push for a little lower but probably not much more.

Trading ur boat in could make things a bit tricky, I am purchasing straight up.

The 226SSi is a great boat. Will be a nice step up. My vote is to get the new boat, if it meets all of your needs.

brick

there are some big saving out there for the 2015 models as I believe Chap is looking to move all their inventory for the 2016. My understanding is the 22-23' range is the start of a better ride in chop. I have a 216 SSI which does pretty good in chop but we are looking at 24-25' now.

I had a 190 and bought the 226 in 2013 and I have 0 regrets. I consider it the perfect boat. Someone was near mine in the water in Havasu last year and reached over and nudged it and proclaimed "it's like a kite!". I totally agree with that statement. In fact, here is my old boat looking for owner #4 http://www.tillysmarine.com/pre-owned-boats.html/2005/CHAPARRAL/190-SSI/19-FT/HUNTINGTON-BEACH/CA/US/details-5274422#info, the last owner was a Harbor cop in Los Angeles Harbor and he kept it as nice as I did and now he wants a Robalo.

thanks for your inputs I think I'm going to go for it see if they take my offer and go from there Really like the boat

Love my 226 SSI. It has all the options except the tower. Came from a 204 SSI to the 226 SSI - a world of difference in just about every way.

I think my dealer still has a new 2014 226 SSI - I would think they would make a great deal - but you probably want to buy in your area. http://www.scmboats.com/newboats.asp

You'll love it.

The SSi's are GREAT boats. You will love the 226 upgrade from the 19 footer including the V-8 upgrade.

The off-year prices get better starting in January when they are pushing the '16 models at the boat shows. Why not finish the season with what you have and watch the last-year's models drop another 10%? Mine did....

just waiting on there call trying to get a good finance rate, hope they can find one Getting excited but who knows, Don't want to get let down might have to wait for the boat show in january but I appreciate all your comments, I know I will also be pushing my FJ to the limit for towing but I only go 5 miles to lake or my annual glendo trip which is 160 miles away. Really don't want to get a truck since I do alot of 4 wheeling in the mountains and use it for all my ski trips which are almost every weekend in the winter

Talks are going well and I think i'm going to make the deal. The dealer is great they even put a hold on the boat without a deposit, will cost a little bit more on the payment side but will payoff sooner. I'm getting excited , hopefully this will be my last weekend on the lake with the H20 and next weekend I'll have my new 226ssi. I feel like I've graduated to a new level, not a entry boat :banana2::banana2:

Going in tomorrow to sign the papers and pick her up. Cant bring her home have to take her to storage, Sucks but will bring her friday home To load her up, and learn some new stuff like perfect pass and whatever is new to me, like the fire extinguisher system, Lots of reading till friday I will post pics as soon as I get it,

Thanks all

Just picked her up today, sucks I have to wait till Saturday to launch her, There are so many things to learn especially at the helm, all the gps stuff and digital stuff guess I have alot of reading to doIMG_4838.jpgIMG_4836.jpgIMG_4835.jpgIMG_4832.jpg

Beautiful - enjoy. I had mine out last weekend. Can't wait until next. Vapor is the way to go. If you got the EchoMap 70s the most useful gauge on the display was the "compass". It has the knots in the center with depth upper right and of course the compass. The Sonar is very cool too for seeing the bottom.