dmtalon

Picture links to google photos?

7 posts in this topic

I have pictures off my phone auto upload to google photos, and just tried to link to one of them after receiving the direct URL. The site is telling me you can't link images with that extension. Is this on purpose or can we add it to the white list?

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Example URL: (which I guess really doesn't have an extension)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/sLDYwd5Q9fCQDF1ozuqlFkNMKfz4nZeE0aVOb4V5U0FM=w1459-h822-no

Example URL: (which I guess really doesn't have an extension)

... so it is not an image according to the web standards. The site works as intended in this case. If google does not provide a standard URL format, the request should be directed to google to provide proper URL linking to images, like photobucket and any other image service does.

Same error "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." I suspect the Image button just does that behind the scenes anyway. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You are right. After i put that up, I tested several configurations and got no result. I suppose Google doesn't want to feed other sites from their server. I notice that the URL prefix is S, could that be the issue?

It seems to work 'out of the box' in wordpress, which is where I discovered the need to grab the picture location by right clicking vs using the link they give you to share.