shane.zelker

Aftermarket Wake Tower

10 posts in this topic

I just purchased a 2012 216ssi and wanted to see if anyone knew if/how I could purchase the wake tower as shown on Chaparral's website for the 216. I've been told the top of the boat has to be removed completely to install support. Is this in fact the case? I find it hard to believe that a wake tower cannot be put on that boat. Also, questioned what it may do to the warranty if anything. My son and I really want to get a tower but from what I gathered so far it's not looking good. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can add a tower. Someone is blowing smoke up you you know what. I put my tower on with a friend as a diy project.

Thanks to you both Duane65200 and DN0349. Do either of you know if it negates the warranty? I was actually informed by a boat dealer who sells Chaparrals and that's why I was concerned. Removing the top of the boat seemed extreme to me especially because the boat is a 2012.

Also, those lights look bad $^& on the bottom of the boat. Did those come with the boat or was that a DIY project as well? either way. Very cool!

Shane, to mount the tower you just need to be able to access the inside of the deck at the attachment points. Then you take a small rectangular piece of plywood and glue it to the inside of the deck. You then drill threw the deck and the backing plate that you just made and attach the towers foot. Then repeat three more times. Once done with that you bolt up the tower. Job should take between 4-5 hours. You'll spend most of your time measuring and re measuring to figure out where you want the mounts to go. It a two man job btw. It took us longer to install speakers lights and wiring than to put the tower up.

Shane if you attempt this please let us know how you gain access to the inside. There a couple of people on here that would love to know.

I added the New Dimension Tower on my 220 SSi. They did the install, too. Now on summer number 11, and no problems. It has been a great addition.

brick

Yeah look around at all the access points that will get you into the gunwale. For example on my 276 in order to access the bolts for the radar arch, I have to take out the seat cushion on the starboard side, crunch myself in there and look up behind the seat into the inside of the gunwale and reach it that way to add the backing plates and bolts etc.

On the other side it's much easier it's just behind the wetbar so whatever is in the wetbar (trash barrel and small fridge) come out and you can access the inside of the gunwale to reach the bottom of the top of it where the bolts and backing plate of your tower will be coming through.

Make sure you use a lot of protective tape an measure and line up many time so you don't scratch the gelcoat or drill the holes in the wrong place. But you should be able to put a tower on without removing the upper half from the hull!!! That's nuts don't ever do that and find a tower that doesn't require you to do anything remotely close to that.