JP127

What kind of fish is this?

12 posts in this topic

Well, I'm perplexed. Even all the anglers I know were like "WTF is that?" lol. Even my friend Dave out of Fresno, Cally who fishes quite a bit couldn't identify it. I even went through an extensive, online research but found nothing with those strange, random but mostly horizontal lines. Do you know what it is?

Was told on another website it's a channel mullet. Which according to google images, it very well could be.

Was told on another website it's a channel mullet. Which according to google images, it very well could be.

The dark lines on this one are quite different from all the species listed, which even include snook. This is a rather unusual pattern this fish has. Nice catch.

I was trolling solo the other day and had a bluefish up the swim platform and the #$%^$%&$ got away! :D looking forward to September when we'll see more Mackerel come through and maybe I'll finally get my blue fin I've been trying for all season.

You should check out Joe Miska's "Today's Fishing Report" thread for some great fishing pics, well, for this lake-dominated caliber board anyway lol.

We're leaving to head back home on Saturday, but I think I'm done with fishing. Stepped on a saltwater catfish on Monday and my foot still hurts. I was told by a local it may hurt for weeks to come...

Amazing how you really have to be careful even with the fish you're not even handling. You got spined by the catfish? What was it half buried in the mud you didn't see it?