Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave Benton

New Chaparral 223 VRX

5 posts in this topic

Taking delivery of our new Chaparral 223 VRX this Saturday morning.

I have owned boats all my life and sold our last one before moving out

of state. It was time to get back into it.

Any advice on this boat? They took us on a demo ride about 2 weeks ago

and we loved it. Just wanting to ask if there is anyone out there with

experience with this boat?

Hi Dave

We have had our 223 VRX since the last week of June. Really have had a great experience with the boat. We have about 40 hours on it as of this weekend. Reverse takes a little getting used to but after a few times you will be able to handle with no problems. We have rode knee boards, wakeboards, surfed and pulled tubes, the boat has performed with no issues. It does seem to like gas!!! It burns about $75 worth for a 6 hour day. Hope you enjoy!!!

Shawn

Hello Shawn...

We had our 223 VRX out last weekend for only about 4 hours total due to weather.

We are going back out this weekend. We loved the performance of this boat...and the

handleing. Reverse will take some getting used to but we had no issues docking a couple

of times and loading the boat onto the trailer. Really looking forward to some time on the

lake this weekend...We have been going to Greers Ferry in North Central Arkansas..really

nice lake.

Dave

Dave

I actually test drove my boat at Lacey Marina there on Greers Ferry. We boat on Ouachita. We actually got caught out in storm last weekend and had to cut our day short. Maybe weather will be better this weekend. Enjoy your boat!!!

Shawn

Hey Guys,

I am glad to hear you are enjoying your boats. I took delivery of mine two weeks ago. After getting it dialed in correctly - Chaparral and my dealer did a great job making it right - the boat runs extremely well. My biggest hesitation picking this boat over the 212x Yamaha was not knowing the performance of the Chaparral during the break in period. Now its starting to open up, it runs as well if not better than that 212x, not mention it looks awful lot better. 11 hours into the boat and I couldn't be happier.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend on the lake!

Joe