Tavarua

SoCal Repair Shop Recommendations

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

We just bought our first Chap (2010 204 xtreme) last June and looking for some recommendations on a repair/service shop in Southern California We live in south Orange County but willing to trek out to LA, SD or IE for a good shop.

Thx in adv,

BRob

I bought my boat from a guy in Southern California. He gave me the receipts and service records for all the work had done on the boat while he owned it. From trailer maintenance to engine service. I've got 12 years worth or receipt from a place called Maveric Marine in Van Nuys.

Although i've never had work done there since I live in the Bay Area (San Jose area), I would probably continue to go to Maveric Marine since the previous owner has been happy with their work.

http://www.mavericmarine.com/

Tillys Marine owned by Brett Tilly, they are the SoCal authorized Chaparral dealer and they have locations in Huntington Beach, Norco and Ventura. John is the mechanic in HB and one of the best, Jack Saranpa runs HB and both have 30+ years each in boats. If you saw my post about replacing my whole outdrive from an accident it was John who gave me a better than new boat. All my service has been through them for two Chaparral's. I would recommend them to anyone for any boat.

714-840-1163