stymiedny

327SSX Mercruiser nightmare

wonder if the cat converters impact those results. i have twins 8.1L volvo and on GPS will hit 56mph w/ 1/2 fuel and 2 on board. i also have bottom paint but not sure if that has a drastic effect. I have hit 59 on gps but w/ nearly no fuel and by myself very light chop and cold. my engines do not have cat converters wonder if restricts a few horses??

Nice to have 2 engines, not just for speed but many other reasons. :)

When did they tell you they'd have you in the water with the 2 new motors?

You'll probably miss at least half the season but a small loss compared to the alternative you would've have to deal with. Good luck and keep us posted.

I was including time for unforeseen delays and the usual that nothing (especially something of that magnitude) goes smoothly as they say, in other words - worst case scenario but lets hope for the best.

Heck May is the beginning of many seasons. My slip opens on May 1st!

6-8 weeks, not bad at all. if you can boat in NY in April then I am jealous. I can get the boat wet in April but its too cold until mid May most of the time and water doesn't warm enough until Memorial Day or later so no point in getting started. 2 brand new engines ready to go - glad you have it resolved and will be ready to go w/ kinda a brand new boat in a way.

I gotta believe that Merc has had similar occurences and it forced them to put the shield over the intakes. They should probably consider brass plugs. Was at the Long Island Boat show last week and they had a 337SSX on display. I am getting the boating bug. We have an airshow here every memorial day weekend so I am hoping to make it with my boat

Engines have been delivered for 2 weeks now and still havent been installed.  Dealer seems to be taking his time.  Insurance paid them direct so they can care less how long it takes to get me in the water.  I didnt realize it but the whole assembly including fuel injectors, altenator, everything attached to engine is being replaced for both engines.  So essentially I have a new boat.  I'll keep you posted

dang I feel bad for you.  The dealer got paid so he's in no rush.  I hope they take their time doing the install and don't do a 1/2 @$$ job!

On May 14, 2016 at 2:18 PM, stymiedny said:

Engines have been delivered for 2 weeks now and still havent been installed.  Dealer seems to be taking his time.  Insurance paid them direct so they can care less how long it takes to get me in the water.  I didnt realize it but the whole assembly including fuel injectors, altenator, everything attached to engine is being replaced for both engines.  So essentially I have a new boat.  I'll keep you posted

You should be awarded a medal for patience.  Hope you are back on the water soon.

Ok. Good sign I hope. The boat is finally in the water. I'm told they have to now sync engine with computer.  Not sure how long that takes

OK we are very close.  New engines in, boat detailed, boat in water and I take delivery tomorrow0D6A79D9-A39F-4477-A347-24F723E7B30C.jpgA3CB72B5-DAF8-481B-997B-D73E884D4F46.jpg93F8DEDE-4F06-43BE-9315-B685B3BC072F.jpg

Great that you are back on the water.  I installed a water alarm on my boats to alert for leaks in the engine compartment.  

1C21444A-8BE4-4394-ADB5-7418186C92A4_zps

Looking really good and they did things relatively quickly.  Must be readers of this forum lol.

Another fellow on here with a beautiful, red 327 said he's take a lot more pics and post them this year.  Hopefully we'll see more of that boat as well as he had the white trim.

Glad your nightmare is coming to an end.  Only plus to this is your coming out better then you went in.  Hope all goes well and you can get back to enjoying her again.