schill32

Chaparral owners rally?

80 posts in this topic

Haven't been to Rend in awhile. We are usually up on Alton Pool or on the Kaskaskia if we want a quiet day. One trip a year to Table Rock and we did hit Kinkaid this year, too. What model Chap do you have? Who do you know that has been to a Crownline Rally? I bet I know them......

Hey all, just traded in my Crownline and buying my first Chappy. Looking forward to next summer down on Lake Cumberland in KY. If a rally ever gets going down there I'd do my best to attend. Sounds like a great time.

I might be interested in a rally, if it is within a one days travel.

Hauled my girl around the Great Lakes, 3500mi in 28 days.

Don't need accommodation, I can sleep on her.

Piece of cake. Denny.

We live in central Illinois. Will go just about anywhere within a 10 hour radius.

Challenger, I am in the Peoria area, where about are you?

Hi Everyone...I would be interested in Dale Hollow Lake for sure spent a 5 days there last year at the new floating hotel at Wisdom Dock and it was fantastic.

I will try and post some pictures once I figure out how to reduce the size.

Both Cumberland and Dale Hollow are nice, big lakes. I prefer Dale Hollow, but Cumberland has more lodging options. Should be plenty at DH, though.

+1 Dale Hollow gets my vote. I have heard good things about Wisdom dock lodging, Eagle Cove, and we always stay at Sunset Marina.

Floating restaurant that is prob the best on the lake

44dc52de.jpg

cabins with plenty of covered dock space

836b4dbe.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

The water is horribly rough in the middle of the day ... (just kidding)

http://vid300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/Indymann99/Boating/Dale%20Hollow%202011/Dalehollowglass.mp4

e73fa55e.jpg

Cliff jumping for the younger ones in the group... ;-)

has anyone planned a get together yet ? has anyone been to summersville lake in west virginia..?? ive been there a couple 3 times ..beautiful lake.clear water., no dining options on the water though.,lodging options within 2 miles. its 4 and a quarter hours from the football hall of fame,,would be up for a get together for sure....dh would be great too,,,http://www.summersvillewv.org/

[quote name="Hatem" post="339663" timestamp="1446170484

8aa9bfcf5bc7392eb6f1b1f0f2e3376e.jpg

I wish my boat could do that!

I lost this thread for a while, but I'd like to clarify my earlier reply to Hatem concerning salt water snobbery was meant to be a joke. I consider him a friend, and was simply busting his chops.

While I am a wanna be salt snob, I'm stuck in-land and appreciate both types of boating.

I'd love to see a decent sized get together, Problem is it seems that most of you guys that bring this up are too far for a long weekend. It always seems to be way East, North, or West of Texas. I know there are a few of us though in the central-southern side of the states, maybe we could put something together?

Thanks, Duano and no need clarify your post or position, but thx anyway and the sentiment is equal. i think i politely replied to it and it wasn't yours that went off the hook lol (last time i checked we still live in the greatest country in the world where you can speak your mind.)

But we're all good now. Good luck with the repairs.

I'd love to see a decent sized get together, Problem is it seems that most of you guys that bring this up are too far for a long weekend. It always seems to be way East, North, or West of Texas. I know there are a few of us though in the central-southern side of the states, maybe we could put something together?

We should do a poll to see how far everyone would be willing to travel.

We have a small group meeting up at Lake Barkley in late June.

We do?? :scratchchin::haha-7383:

We do?? :scratchchin::haha-7383:

Sorry, didn't even think about it till you replied. Meant that we have a group of local boats going, not tied to the boards here.

Hey all, new boat comes in next week and we will be taking it to Lake Cumberland for the summer. With all the family and friends you "find" when you have a place on the lake it'll make it difficult to trailer it to other lakes. If something gets started on Cumberland, we'll do our best to connect.

I'd would like to go to Cumberland someday. It's just a little out of my towing range right now.

I understand completely. The old boat (21' Crownline) we took everywhere...Dale Hollow, Norris, Cumblerland, and Michigan, but this one being just under 25' once we get her in the water, she'll most likely stay there until fall.

On 3/15/2016 at 1:20 PM, tomnjo said:

We should do a poll to see how far everyone would be willing to travel.

ill start...6.5 to 7 hours [450miles ish] from the football hall of fame!!  tht would be a trip to dale or cumberland for me.. im not good at this kinda thing but how cool would it be if someone could make a map of the usa where we could put a pin on our location..