schill32

Chaparral owners rally?

I am interested in a Chaparral Owners meeting...  I have a 420 Premiere and boat on Western Lake Erie in the Marblehead / Catawba area... 

9 hours ago, C L Smooth said:

I am interested in a Chaparral Owners meeting...  I have a 420 Premiere and boat on Western Lake Erie in the Marblehead / Catawba area... 

I'm good with that, I live in Toledo.  Denny.

14 hours ago, Denny said:

I'm good with that, I live in Toledo.  Denny.

My inlaws own a place in Port Clinton. I would be in for that. Not sure what Labor Day is like but the sandbar across from Sandusky is a decent place to hang or PIB. 

10 hours ago, Challenger604 said:

My inlaws own a place in Port Clinton. I would be in for that. Not sure what Labor Day is like but the sandbar across from Sandusky is a decent place to hang or PIB. 

As you know, the wind direction will have a lot to do with where it can be held. Labor Day Week-end will more than likely be a zoo in that area. I think that an off week-end will give more options.

OK...time to resume this thread now that a new season has begun.  I am a new Chaparral owner and would love to have a meet.  I am on Lake St. Clair but Lake Erie would be fine with me.

58 minutes ago, spr422 said:

OK...time to resume this thread now that a new season has begun.  I am a new Chaparral owner and would love to have a meet.  I am on Lake St. Clair but Lake Erie would be fine with me.

I'm in Toledo, count me in.  Denny.

I'm down just north of Columbus, but would be up for Lake Erie, just about any part of the north coast.

I don't think I'll ever understand what part of the United States is the 'Midwest' . . . 

According to Wikipedia

The Midwestern United States (or Midwest) is a name for the north-central states of the United States of America. The states that are part of the Midwest are: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, North and South Dakota, and Nebraska along with Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Minnesota.:scratchchin:

1 hour ago, Mich149 said:

Lake Erie or St. Clair works for me. 

I will be at a cottage on Harsens Island from the 11th to the 18th of Sept. So if you come by, sound your horn.  Denny.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, Futzin' said:

I don't think I'll ever understand what part of the United States is the 'Midwest' . . . 

Ikr LOL!  Took me a while to figure it out, for sure.  Since I'm in the east (northeast to be specific) and when we think of the west in general, it's the west coast which is primarily California, really.  And being that the east coast was the first inhabited and established colonies and states of the United States, it's considered as the base of the country and everything else is directed from here.  So if the other end of the country is the west, then anything in between the east and the west is midway to the west, hence the Midwest! lol.  At least that's how I see it.

8 hours ago, Denny said:

I will be at a cottage on Harsens Island from the 11th to the 18th of Sept. So if you come by, sound your horn.  Denny.

So we've done the northeast, we've done the middle of the east coast (Maryland, Chesapeake Bay etc.) and we're doing Florida in October, my eyes are set for the beautiful and fresh waters of the Great Lakes for our next boating destination experience.  We'll definitely need to hook up.  I know there is one area where the water is so clear and the bottom is all round rocks it's just amazing.  Not sure exactly where that is but that would be worth the long trip by truck, trailer and boat.  What part of the lakes are you at? 

1 hour ago, Hatem said:

Ikr LOL!  Took me a while to figure it out, for sure.  Since I'm in the east (northeast to be specific) and when we think of the west in general, it's the west coast which is primarily California, really.  And being that the east coast was the first inhabited and established colonies and states of the United States, it's considered as the base of the country and everything else is directed from here.  So if the other end of the country is the west, then anything in between the east and the west is midway to the west, hence the Midwest! lol.  At least that's how I see it.

So we've done the northeast, we've done the middle of the east coast (Maryland, Chesapeake Bay etc.) and we're doing Florida in October, my eyes are set for the beautiful and fresh waters of the Great Lakes for our next boating destination experience.  We'll definitely need to hook up.  I know there is one area where the water is so clear and the bottom is all round rocks it's just amazing.  Not sure exactly where that is but that would be worth the long trip by truck, trailer and boat.  What part of the lakes are you at? 

I'm in the S. West corner of Lake Erie. In the Toledo-Detroit area.

The farther north you go, the clearer the water gets, because the waters are deeper.

The waters are like being in a swimming pool.

IMG_3129.jpg

52 minutes ago, Denny said:

I'm in the S. West corner of Lake Erie. In the Toledo-Detroit area.

The farther north you go, the clearer the water gets, because the waters are deeper.

The waters are like being in a swimming pool.

Nice pic!  That's one thing that sucks about this forum's participation, people don't post enough pics of whatever activity they do, even if it's the old boring repair issues.  Those would be much better with accompanying photos.  Even a normal day out on the water I'd enjoy seeing other's pics, that's what it's all about.  I take zillions of photos every time we're out and yesterday was no exception.  After seeing that baby seal swim around and under the boat offshore, we came back to check out a different harbor and while heading back out, saw this really nice Chaparral Sig 310 coming in.  I waived like I always do and the guy driving barely waived back but that lady just stared at me without any acknowledgment lol.  Maybe they were having an argument, who knows.  Most people are a lot friendlier, though.

XzDAF40.jpg

5 hours ago, Hatem said:

Nice pic!  That's one thing that sucks about this forum's participation, people don't post enough pics of whatever activity they do, even if it's the old boring repair issues.  Those would be much better with accompanying photos.  Even a normal day out on the water I'd enjoy seeing other's pics, that's what it's all about.  I take zillions of photos every time we're out and yesterday was no exception.  After seeing that baby seal swim around and under the boat offshore, we came back to check out a different harbor and while heading back out, saw this really nice Chaparral Sig 310 coming in.  I waived like I always do and the guy driving barely waived back but that lady just stared at me without any acknowledgment lol.  Maybe they were having an argument, who knows.  Most people are a lot friendlier, though.

XzDAF40.jpg

How can you be on or near the water and not be happy.

Just being alive and able to enjoy it is big plus.

Not on it yesterday but was near it.:)

IMG_5434.jpg