Chaparral owners rally?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone...I would be interested in Dale Hollow Lake for sure spent a 5 days there last year at the new floating hotel at Wisdom Dock and it was fantastic.

I will try and post some pictures once I figure out how to reduce the size.

+1 Dale Hollow gets my vote. I have heard good things about Wisdom dock lodging, Eagle Cove, and we always stay at Sunset Marina.

Floating restaurant that is prob the best on the lake

44dc52de.jpg

cabins with plenty of covered dock space

836b4dbe.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

The water is horribly rough in the middle of the day ... (just kidding)

http://vid300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/Indymann99/Boating/Dale%20Hollow%202011/Dalehollowglass.mp4

e73fa55e.jpg

Cliff jumping for the younger ones in the group... ;-)

• 1 month later...

has anyone planned a get together yet ? has anyone been to summersville lake in west virginia..?? ive been there a couple 3 times ..beautiful lake.clear water., no dining options on the water though.,lodging options within 2 miles. its 4 and a quarter hours from the football hall of fame,,would be up for a get together for sure....dh would be great too,,,http://www.summersvillewv.org/

[quote name="Hatem" post="339663" timestamp="1446170484

8aa9bfcf5bc7392eb6f1b1f0f2e3376e.jpg

I wish my boat could do that!

I lost this thread for a while, but I'd like to clarify my earlier reply to Hatem concerning salt water snobbery was meant to be a joke. I consider him a friend, and was simply busting his chops.

While I am a wanna be salt snob, I'm stuck in-land and appreciate both types of boating.

I'd love to see a decent sized get together, Problem is it seems that most of you guys that bring this up are too far for a long weekend. It always seems to be way East, North, or West of Texas. I know there are a few of us though in the central-southern side of the states, maybe we could put something together?

I'd love to see a decent sized get together, Problem is it seems that most of you guys that bring this up are too far for a long weekend. It always seems to be way East, North, or West of Texas. I know there are a few of us though in the central-southern side of the states, maybe we could put something together?

We should do a poll to see how far everyone would be willing to travel.

Hey all, new boat comes in next week and we will be taking it to Lake Cumberland for the summer. With all the family and friends you "find" when you have a place on the lake it'll make it difficult to trailer it to other lakes. If something gets started on Cumberland, we'll do our best to connect.

On 3/15/2016 at 1:20 PM, tomnjo said:

We should do a poll to see how far everyone would be willing to travel.

ill start...6.5 to 7 hours [450miles ish] from the football hall of fame!!  tht would be a trip to dale or cumberland for me.. im not good at this kinda thing but how cool would it be if someone could make a map of the usa where we could put a pin on our location..

May not matter to some but Cumberland is surrounded by "dry" counties.... to us "Northerners" Dry = no alcohol.   Have done the 1hr drive to TN for beer....   I have been told that DNR "could" ticket you for 150 per empty on board.....   (note that we have a DD who doesn't drink - non-drinker who drives the boat)  Still it feels too much like high school for this 47 yr old...

We now go to Dale Hollow TN.   Lake is equally as nice as Cumberland and you don't have to worry about the Po Po, and beer is available at every Marina, however the price also reflects this so we make sure to bring plenty from home.  

6daa48bc-a035-4927-8f16-f4f8e78e954b_zps  D H is doable,, my son just picked this up in fla,left on a friday evening and was back in town monday..18 hours one way to ft lauderdale,, with this in tow,,hes dying to go there with it,,i took my boys there 18 years ago with the chap and have fond memories of the lake, i lost my wife 19 years ago when my sons were 6 and 8 yrs old at the time,,i bought the chap and have spent some amazing times on the boat making memories never to be forgotten. one of the best decisions ive made was getting my chappy.

40 minutes ago, IndyChap said:

May not matter to some but Cumberland is surrounded by "dry" counties.... to us "Northerners" Dry = no alcohol.   Have done the 1hr drive to TN for beer....   I have been told that DNR "could" ticket you for 150 per empty on board.....   (note that we have a DD who doesn't drink - non-drinker who drives the boat)  Still it feels too much like high school for this 47 yr old...

We now go to Dale Hollow TN.   Lake is equally as nice as Cumberland and you don't have to worry about the Po Po, and beer is available at every Marina, however the price also reflects this so we make sure to bring plenty from home.  

good to note!! ive been known to have a brown pop or two..i also have the dd..

Cumberland 6.5. Dale Hollow 7. Quite a long way for my tired old tow vehicle. My longest tow every summer is to Table Rock at about 4.3 hours. Ky Lake and Barkley are also in the 4 to 4.5 hour range for me.

Just waking up to think about boating again and saw this thread :-)  I would be interested depending on when/where.  I'm just outside of Cincinnati (Indiana) and have been to Norris.  Mostly boat at Brookville lake in Indiana, and have been on the Ohio.  We take our boat out to VA annually during 4th of July to visit my parents off the Chesapeake.