acarter937

Create a section for each type of boat

15 posts in this topic

Oh ... that would be confusing to all newbies, including the new(er) webbie.

Who, but the very few, would come up with or understand why there is a section "2004-2005 Sig 270 / 2006-2009 Sig 280 / 2010-onward Sig 290" and "2006 Sig 276 / 2007-2009 Sig 270", and then "2004-2005 Sig 260 / 2007-2009 Sig 250 / 2010-onward Sig 270" ... ? The same, more or less, boat was assigned different model numbers over the years, and three different boats had shared the same model number during that period of time. Pure madness ... only a marketing genius could come up with such a mess.

CHAP_SIG_LOA_zpsvypebhtt.jpg

Boat are boats really with most having the same engines etc.. Someone with a bow rider may have a good suggestion for my merc issue but won't read the 280 section and visa versa... Good idea but not sure it would work here.

Probably just need a better search feature.

I'd be happy if we all took the time to add the model, year, engine, and drive info to our cover page. W

Oh ... that would be confusing to all newbies, including the new(er) webbie.

Who, but the very few, would come up with or understand why there is a section "2004-2005 Sig 270 / 2006-2009 Sig 280 / 2010-onward Sig 290" and "2006 Sig 276 / 2007-2009 Sig 270", and then "2004-2005 Sig 260 / 2007-2009 Sig 250 / 2010-onward Sig 270" ... ? The same, more or less, boat was assigned different model numbers over the years, and three different boats had shared the same model number during that period of time. Pure madness ... only a marketing genius could come up with such a mess.

I agree. And by my observations over the years I've been a participant here, most questions/subjects aren't model specific but rather deal with mechanical or appearance issues. For example, under what model would I search for replacement of my himulator valve? And we all know how well the provided @#$% search feature works! My :Twocents: asks that we leave it as it is!

Why not something like tomnjo mentioned for the type, but for the model lines:

Vortex Jet Boat

H20 Sport Boat

SSI Sport Boat

SSX Sport Boat

Sunesta Sport Deck

Signature Cruisers

Suncoast Outboards

Who cares. If you really like the forum you use the "show new post" button and can see all the new stuff no matter which section its buried in.😎

I care. I am trying to purchase a 190 SSI and would like to read things specific to this boat. I haven't been on this forum before so I don't want to read through thousands of older posts of boats that don't pertain to me if I'm just looking for a specific thing. And the search function doesn't seem to work very well if I perform a search on what I am looking for.

This is a great idea.  Give newbies a great chance to connect with the owners of similar boats.

Some of the problems unique to their model of boat may or may not be relevant.  

This shouldn't be that hard to do.  The views and opinions along with myriad comments certainly helps Chaparral make better boats.

Why NOT do it?

I'm glad we have this forum, but my time here (almost nine years) has shown they're not gonna do thing one to change it.  Maintain it, yes; change it, no.

LOVE my 220 . . .