newboat2016

DIAGNOSIS: Boat Fever CURE: 19Sport H2O

19 posts in this topic

It's been over 20 years since I've owned a boat of any kind, and in that time I've only been on the water 3-4 times in other boats (unless you count cruise ships!!). About a month ago, I started to get the fever again. My lady says we don't need a boat (true), but I want one! Most of the time it will just be her and I and maybe one other couple enjoying the lake.

I figured I'd pick up 6-10 year old, 20ish foot bowrider and be done with it. The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to deal with an older boat, so I started looking at new. As I began my search (Bayliner, Tahoe, Stingray, Sea Ray SPX, etc). nothing was impressing me very much because I was trying to be semi-reasonable with a budget, since this is almost an impulse buy that I really can't justify other than "I want it".

My local dealer had a 19Sport H2O in the showroom and I was immediately hooked. He had a 2015 left and I thought the deal was right, so 24 hours after first putting eyes on it, I've put a deposit on it and will close the deal after the first of the year!!!

Looking forward to be part of this club and learning (and hopefully contributing). I'm in Virginia, so it will be a few months until I get it in the water, but I can't wait!!

Congrats on the purchase. Looks like you may be going to Lake Anna if you are in Richmond. Maybe we will cross paths sometime.

Remember this quotation from Cyclops.

When young. A boat is almost as good as sex. When old. A boat is better than sex.

Remember this quotation from Cyclops.

When young. A boat is almost as good as sex. When old. A boat is better than sex.

And both are equally as expensive. Denny.

It's been over 20 years since I've owned a boat of any kind, and in that time I've only been on the water 3-4 times in other boats (unless you count cruise ships!!). About a month ago, I started to get the fever again. My lady says we don't need a boat (true), but I want one! Most of the time it will just be her and I and maybe one other couple enjoying the lake.

I figured I'd pick up 6-10 year old, 20ish foot bowrider and be done with it. The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to deal with an older boat, so I started looking at new. As I began my search (Bayliner, Tahoe, Stingray, Sea Ray SPX, etc). nothing was impressing me very much because I was trying to be semi-reasonable with a budget, since this is almost an impulse buy that I really can't justify other than "I want it".

My local dealer had a 19Sport H2O in the showroom and I was immediately hooked. He had a 2015 left and I thought the deal was right, so 24 hours after first putting eyes on it, I've put a deposit on it and will close the deal after the first of the year!!!

Looking forward to be part of this club and learning (and hopefully contributing). I'm in Virginia, so it will be a few months until I get it in the water, but I can't wait!!

I purchased the same boat. I have had a few problems but still enjoy the boat. message me if you have any other questions.

Congrats on the purchase. Looks like you may be going to Lake Anna if you are in Richmond. Maybe we will cross paths sometime.

Yep, I'll be keeping it on Lake Anna. I'm still trying to decide which marina and whether to keep it in the Boatel or on the trailer somewhere covered. I've also got to figure out which works best to minimize property taxes!!

Steve

Ha Ha, you guys just gave me a good Friday morning laugh!! Congrats on the purchase Steve and enjoy. Boating is a disease, once hooked you can't get enough!!

Congrats. In a couple of years, you may need a bigger cure..........

Man, couldn't you wait until I actually have the boat before you try to infect me with "two foot-it is"???? LOL. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the next phase in the disease! :)

I purchased the same boat. I have had a few problems but still enjoy the boat. message me if you have any other questions.

Scott-

What type of problems have you had?

Welcome. I to live in Richmond and we keep ours at Lake Gaston at Morning Star Marina in dry storage. No trailoring back and forth and it's a great lake.

I'm with you........ no trailering!!! I thought about keeping it at Gaston, but Lake Anna is almost an hour closer and I would much rather have that shorter drive home, especially after a long day on the water. So I think I'll start at Lake Anna this year and see what I think!