AdamG2

Can we get a like button for posts?

19 posts in this topic

I like to think not many of us would like a public thumbs down while trying to help another Chap owner with a problem.

There is only 1 person on this site that I gladly accept his thumbs down from. & he does it by P M.

I have been on some other sites, and ours feels more like family, lets try, and keep it that way. :Twocents: Denny.

I have been on some other sites, and ours feels more like family, lets try, and keep it that way. :Twocents: Denny.

OK my brother from another mother.

I can’t imagine what the cost associated with maintaining this site are, and as an individual I wish to thank the folks at Chaparral Boats for allowing us to share, vent, learn, and suggest. I would think it takes a tremendous amount of restraint on their part when an owner who has suffered through a bad buying experience uses their website to voice his displeasure. It’s like showing up for a dinner party empty handed and telling the host how bad the food was. Many times the issue is a result of poor dealership pre-delivery performance which Chap will not be aware of unless we tell them. I learn a lot here about subtle changes in the product lines year to year, and I would think that Chap learns about trends, common misconceptions, and recurring issues that might be avoided through better documentation and/or a minor design change.

In at least a couple cases, Chap dealers have also reached out on the forum offering free technical advice and documentation. Their core business in all cases is new boat sales and the forum tolerates discussion around used boat sales, dealer bashing, and less than complementary discussion around quality issues. They even let us beat up on each other and maybe it’s time for us to keep up our end and self-govern a bit more. Be kind or be quiet. If you are going to give guidance to a new-be, check your facts. If you have a quality issue, make us aware and curb the emotion. If you find the solution to your issue either here or elsewhere, share the resolution. If you have a problem that is new to you, search first, post later. And maybe every now and then let Chap know how much we appreciate having a forum with which to share, and to learn. Thank You Webbie. Great Job… W

I agree with Wingnut here. I've been surprised by Chaps uncensored nature here. We have all seen the occasional Chap bash, and some have appeared to be warranted. Nevertheless Chap leaves them up! Even though it may harm their reputation.

But as far as cost goes it should be minimal. No gallery taking up space, the site is probably using shareware, thus we get issues like double post. The biggest cost to Chap is paying a webbie to maintain it, which is a real cost. I'm guessing their internal I.T. guy is doing it.

Either way, thank you Webbie. I visit this site more than Facebook. It feels like home. At the end of the day, this site and members will most likely encourage my next boat purchase to be a Chaparral.

Personally I would love a like button. Would get rid of the "+1" type of posts that can clog a thread up.

You mean kinda like huge boat pictures?

Wingnut, plus 1 on the darn huge boat pictures. What are those people thinking. Thumbs down on them.

Wingnut, plus 1 on the darn huge boat pictures. What are those people thinking. Thumbs down on them.

I really could use the like button to like this post ... have the +1 instead ... :)

As for the large boat pictures in signatures, or the entire length posts with pictures being requoted ... why? Waste of bandwidth and loading time. Since I am in rural Canada for the good part of a year and on the road often with expensive and slow connections, I switch the wasteful signatures off individually, but can do nothing about pictorial requotes other than move on to another topic quickly. Food for thought.

Personally I would love a like button. Would get rid of the "+1" type of posts that can clog a thread up.

+1

Sorry. Couldn't resist...

brick

I cant imagine what the cost associated with maintaining this site are, and as an individual I wish to thank the folks at Chaparral Boats for allowing us to share, vent, learn, and suggest. I would think it takes a tremendous amount of restraint on their part when an owner who has suffered through a bad buying experience uses their website to voice his displeasure. Its like showing up for a dinner party empty handed and telling the host how bad the food was. Many times the issue is a result of poor dealership pre-delivery performance which Chap will not be aware of unless we tell them. I learn a lot here about subtle changes in the product lines year to year, and I would think that Chap learns about trends, common misconceptions, and recurring issues that might be avoided through better documentation and/or a minor design change.

In at least a couple cases, Chap dealers have also reached out on the forum offering free technical advice and documentation. Their core business in all cases is new boat sales and the forum tolerates discussion around used boat sales, dealer bashing, and less than complementary discussion around quality issues. They even let us beat up on each other and maybe its time for us to keep up our end and self-govern a bit more. Be kind or be quiet. If you are going to give guidance to a new-be, check your facts. If you have a quality issue, make us aware and curb the emotion. If you find the solution to your issue either here or elsewhere, share the resolution. If you have a problem that is new to you, search first, post later. And maybe every now and then let Chap know how much we appreciate having a forum with which to share, and to learn. Thank You Webbie. Great Job W

👍

brick

I like it just as it is. If you want " like" buttons visit the Facebook page that's already in place.

I'd like to see a "thumbs up" or "like" button because there are a lot of great posts on here. I don't have a FB account so I've never really taken a look at their page but my wife does so I will certainly check it out.

I will admit, though, that I was one of the people who got to a point where I was VERY frustrated by things I saw on my boat that I personally thought were QC issues and I brought them up and showed pics of them and was very vocal and critical of them, addmitingly so. I also understand the correlation between the responsibility of Chaparral as a manufacturer and the dealer which sometimes is left with a lot to do to a boat before selling it and within that relationship is when and where things might go awry. But I believe almost all of the stuff I brought up were items that were done at the factory and it was very surprising to see. When I mentioned these things, others chimed in and agreed while some said nothing. So now I'm wondering, are we supposed to keep a lid on anything we see and are disappointed with and that are worthy (to me anyway) of showing and getting feedback on etc. simply because we are on "their" site? Doesn't that make us like sheep?

Is it their site? Or didn't a bunch of owners get together and get some kind of permission to open it up and it went from there? Not sure where Webbie's involvement comes in? Perhaps he was the original owner who opened the site? I don't know much about all of that.

Isn't it better to be able to bring these things out to show others what to look for etc? I agree with Wingnut that when you bring up a fault or a bad QC issue that you should do it in a decent manner and try not to bash Chaparral and that's probably why they leave them up.

Frankly, like previously mentioned because most of the people here own older boats and Chap's main goal is to sell new boats that they don't pay much attention to what's being posted here. That's just my personal opinion anyone can feel free to disagree with me no problem here with that. :)