Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcvette

Cruising The Atlantic ICW

4 posts in this topic

Hope everyone is staying dry and warm for the winter. I live in Greensboro, N.C. and am planning to take a cruise on the ICW this year. Looking at April or May. I have a 240 Signature which I plan to trailer to Myrtle Beach to launch. I then plan to go to Charleston S.C. the first day, on to Savannah the second day then Jeykll Island. The final day I am going to Jacksonville Fl. Not sure yet but may go as far as Daytona Beach.

Just wondering if anyone has made this trip that might could give me a few pointers. Right now it will just be me and my first mate but anyone is interested let me know. I am looking at taking ten days to two weeks for the trip.

ICW is a great place to go slow and see the sites. Allow yourself plenty of time and get a copy of the ICW Guide from Amazon $23.

68046D8C-2308-4B92-A9E5-70ADA257A5B7_zps

If you're coming as far down to Jacksonville, you should consider going the extra hour to hour and a half to St. Augustine. The St. Augustine City Marina is in the heart of the Old Town of St. Augustine and surrounded by historical sights, restaurants, shops within easy walking distance. I live in Jacksonville and make at least one trip year to St. Augustine and I alternate between the City Marina and the Conch House Marina each year. :Twocents:

I use to live in Jacksonville and have made the trip to the Conch House several times in a friends boat. Will probably do that for sure.