Richard W

Happy but feels like a lot of truck … just FYI ...

We have picked up a new family car yesterday ... a bit big but comfy. Feels good though.

A much better image of the truck way at the bottom ... have a lot of fresh info if anyone is looking for F-150.

20160126_171544_F-150-L_HAPPY_1080_zpsfo

2016 Ford F-150 LARIAT Silver/Camel
SuperCrew, 5-1/2' Box, 145" Wheelbase
3.5L V6 EcoBoost® Engine, Horsepower 365, Torque 420
6-Speed Automatic Electronic Transmission w/Tow/Haul Mode
3.55 Electronic Locking Axle
LT275/65R18C All-Terrain Tires on 18" Wheels
FX4 Off-Road Package
Max Trailer Tow Package
Factory Spray-in Bedliner
7000 lbs GVWR Package
11500 lbs Max Conventional Towing
16900 lbs GCWR2016%20F-150L-1_zpsudw0nf1u.png

I drove my buddy's Expedition with the EcoBoost and I pulled his 26' Monterey up the ramp. I was stunned by the torque of that engine. The seat of the pants feel was as good as my diesel even tho my diesel has way more torque.

On 28 January 2016 at 10:46 AM, MonkeySeaII said:

I drove my buddy's Expedition with the EcoBoost and I pulled his 26' Monterey up the ramp. I was stunned by the torque of that engine. The seat of the pants feel was as good as my diesel even tho my diesel has way more torque.

Good to know as I indent to tow our 10,000 lbs rig ... locally only, short distance and no freeway.

On 28 January 2016 at 11:23 AM, dn0349 said:

Love the new F-150 and we are looking at a 2016 pretty much like yours. Congrats!

Make sure to get LT tires if you go with the off-road and/or max-tow package. The LT tires come automatically with off-road package at no extra cost if you build the truck yourself. This was not a case when the dealer build and placed special order on their system. The truck came with SL tires ... they were swapped at the dealer for LT tires later. The SL tires were junk ... not good for anything other than highway driving solo.

On 28 January 2016 at 2:25 PM, Baum said:

Nice truck. What was the sticker price?

Around 57k MRSP as built. We placed the order in the last day of November, a few hours before the "friends and family" pricing/discounts expired. That, and some small incentives at the time of delivery cut the cost by 6k.

I have the Eco boost in mine and love it for towing. Mines 5000 lbs and it pulls it like its not even there. They run GOOD for a measly 6 cylinder.

Looking forward to April as I get a newer one ;)

I got my F-150 about 2 months ago. But its a extended cab, I wanted the bigger bed carry stuff. I love the new LED lighting in the cab AND the bed. I hit a button on the remote and the tail gate drops.

Also the new center console were the USB ports are. Its just a more friendlier truck with all its small upgrades from past years.

I got my F-150 about 2 months ago. But its a extended cab, I wanted the bigger bed carry stuff.

Congrats Iggy ... hope it is 2016 extended cab.

The 2015 extended cab did poorly on government safety test/rating.

I've got essentially the same truck I bought in 2011. Being a guy I was a bit skeptical about a 6 cylinder but I gotta say that ecoboost has made me a believer.

Norb

Congrats Iggy ... hope it is 2016 extended cab.

The 2015 extended cab did poorly on government safety test/rating.

Yes it is..... The newer Ecoboost engines are really smooth and running and in shifting.

The newer Ecoboost engines are really smooth and running and in shifting.

Only a few hundred miles but fully agree ... I was surprised. Love the feel of pedal to the metal boost kicking in ... wow. It is quieter, smoother, and more comfortable than our traded-in now 2002 Toyota Runner (the last 4 Runner with full frame pickup undercarriage, entirely made in Japan) that we just loved ... it was hard to let it go.

Now, how reliable the F-150 is going to be? The 2002 T4R only needed a replacement of one sensor a year ago. Other than this ... nothing else malfunctioned, broke, or rattled ... it was one great SUV/truck. The F-150 ... time will tell ...

Now, how reliable the F-150 is going to be?.... The F-150 ... time will tell ...

I lease mine. So every 3 years I get a new one and this is my 5th F-150. I have never had a problem with any of them. But, I never went over 30K in miles ether. To add, you want the FX4 package because it will give you a smoother ride like the old caddies. Its in off-road package and the suspension if different giving it that heave car ride that is very smooth going over bumps.

This truck is so nice after 3 years I just might keep it!!

Bought a 16 xlt sport supercrew with the 2.7 ecoboost about a month ago. Only 200 miles on it but no complaints so far. Really runs and drives well is about all I can say at this point. Eager to see how it tows the boat. Smaller of the two v6 ecoboosts but it should pull what I need it to. Coming from a 05 Tacoma that had 52,000 miles on it when I sold it. It needed just front pads and tires and oil changes in the ten years I had it. Then I got the frame recall!! Toyota put 12 grand in all to due to the recall. Then I sold it and couldn't believe what I got for it. I would still have it if it was a double cab. Hoping The f150 treats me equally as well. The rust issue Toyota continues to have with their Tacomas is unbelievable but they do make it right in the end.

After I picked up my truck from the dealer I took it for a long ride. I drove down into the Boston Hills area where there are some steep grades. According to google, my 45 degree hill was a 100% grade. I wanted to see what it would do.

I stopped at the base of the hill. Then started up the hill at a normal acceleration. No problem. Half way up I stopped and held the brake while still in drive. I then took my foot off the brake and the truck held its position [just like the good book says]. I then gradually applied the gas peddle and up I went. This will be helpful when pulling the boat up a steep ramp.

I went back to the base of the hill again and stopped half way up. Started out again with a little more gas peddle. Ended up spinning the right rear tire and I backed off on the gas peddle at the same time the traction control light came on. I left about 6 feet of rubber on the road. But what's interesting is that because I was accelerating up such a steep road, it felt like an F15 instead of a F150. I was really pushed back into the seat. Not certain I would try this hill with the boat in tow.

Gas mileage on this tank was 15.9gpm. Computer said 14.9. Pretty close match. Hopefully the reprogramming of the transmission will take care of any gremlins......Hope so cause I like this truck.

We have picked up a new family car yesterday ... a bit big but comfy. Feels good though.

A much better image of the truck way at the bottom ... have a lot of fresh info if anyone is looking for F-150.

Looks good.

I test drove a Ram 2500 4x4 with Cummins diesel yesterday. Man oh man! I really liked it. It's a used 2013 model with 52k miles. Just broken in!

I love my Ecoboost! 35000 km on it and it tows my boat.

God that's a gorgeous boat, man. :)